Before you ask please READ THIS

Blog > load more > new page

On my homepage we have the blog with a load more button. When I press load more, it pulls more blog items to display on the same page.
When I press load more, I would like it to go to a new page showing all the blog posts, how do I do this?

Thank you.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Well it does exactly what it describes. What you want is pagination, normal wordpress behavior. Just disable Load more option for this.

With kind regards.
    ss-2016-12-16_14-28-02.png
    377 x 836 - 23K
  • I have tried this. Lazy load is disabled but it still displays more posts instead of going to a new page.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Live link please.
  • AirAir
    I think I know what you may be talking about. Maybe you use post grid element from visual composer to display posts?
    In this case I am not sure there is option for what you need. What I described is use of classic blog.

With kind regards.
  • I sent you my log in yesterday, please have a look. I'm not sure you understand what I am asking for though.

Let me explain: On homepage blog I can see 3 blog posts, If I click load more, it loads more posts while still on the homepage. My client wants the load more button to open a new page called "Blog" displaying all the blog posts so I am not on the home page, I am on the blog page.
  • AirAir
    OK, now it is different question.

In this case please make on your front page post grid with only 3 posts, without option to load more.
    Below you will have to add button element that you will name "Load more" and link it to your blog page. Simple ?:-)

With kind regards.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 70
    Ok thanks. I have added a new button and it worked.

How do I delete the current load more button in post grid settings?

Post edited by designdogs on
  • AirAir
    Check screen shot
    ss-2016-12-19_14-03-16.png
    1051 x 766 - 67K
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 70
    Thanks but that is not what I want. That option displays all posts on the home page.

I want 3 posts on home page > load more button > opens new page (blog) to display all. So only 3 on the home page.

I have set this up but I just need to know how to remove the post grid load more button from the home page.

Or I can just use the post grid button to insert a link to new page.I'm not sure which is best.
    Post edited by designdogs on
  • AirAir
    Designdogs - look at my screen shot again, I marked there(red square) option which hides load more button. You just set there you want 3 items(Total items -> 3) to be loaded and set Display style -> Show all to load all posts at once without load more button.

With kind regards.
  • Ahhh I see! Sorry Air, I understand now. Thanks again for your help. That's worked.