Before you ask please READ THIS

POEDIT FILES DONT WORK

Hi,

im using poedit to translate some words, like Read More, by, next, etc.. im using the fatmoon.pot file to create a new translation file that generates the .mo and .po files but once i upload them, it doesnt work.. im using the same language as my wordpress instalation... it should work this way right? i have done it like this other times.. thnx

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Yes it should work like that. I didn't test it for long time, and WordPress change something recently, but still it should be fine. I will test it right now.

It worked fine when .mo and .po files are named proper. What is names of your files?

With kind regards.
  • im using this 2 files... and i have verified in settings that im using SPANISH as the main language...
    Captura de pantalla 2017-01-03 a las 14.36.01.png
    1047 x 161 - 39K
  • AirAir
    Can you show me link to your page and tell me what string did you translate for example?

You know what, If you like I can verify on your server that it is looking for these exact files.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please attach LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    Thanks for all data. I don't know why it worked for me previously, but it was error in theme. Now I have fixed it on your installation and will add fix in today update as well.

Thanks for all help!
  • Great!! Thanks :)