Before you ask please READ THIS

footer copy not the same on all pages

in FatMoon Posts: 136
Hey Guys,

another small issue I ran into is that the weight of the footer copy is slightly thicker on the home page than on the about or blog page

http://vincentdevries.com

any thoughts?

Comments

attach1
    work.png
    766 x 1282 - 506K
    attach2
    blog .png
    1080 x 1322 - 113K
    attach3 sorry sending 3 attachments separately because the discussion forum keeps freezing up on me?
    about.png
    1440 x 1300 - 97K
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

I have checked on FireFox and Chrome and I can not confirm it. On what browser do you see it?
    vncnt said: discussion forum keeps freezing up on me?
    What you mean by this?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,
    I see what you mean I don't have the issue on Chrome, only on Safari? I logged out of wordpress to see if it matters but it doesn't?

vncnt said: discussion forum keeps freezing up on me?
    What you mean by this?
    Yesterday I had a couple times where when I click post comment the loading icon would keep running.

I had to retype my question on three different occasions. Maybe my attachments were to big. ;-)

Thx!

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

What version of Safari? I have checked just now on mobile safari and it looks fine. I don't have access to Mac, so can't test there.

However I think you maybe zoomed your homepage in your browser and this is why you see it different. Possible?
    Try ctrl+0(on Mac possibly CMD +0).

With kind regards.
    Hi yes,
    I use Safari Version 10.0

The screen size option doesn't seem to be the problem. I tried flipping back and forth and also refreshed the browser settings but that doesn't solve the issue.

It's especially strange because it only happens on the front page.

I did notice another bug though.

In Safari (not Chrome or Firefox) When I make the the screen smaller on a work item, the layout goes from centred to left align.

see attach.

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.58.26 .png
    2416 x 1606 - 919K
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.58.12 .png
    2462 x 1594 - 962K
  • AirAir
    I don't know reason for any of these issues, however it would be good idea to fix your HTML in footer text cause it looks like this now:

Vincent de Vries<br />
    Filips van Almondestraat 12B<br />
    1057ZT Amsterdam<a href="mailto:info@vincentdevries.com"><br />
    </a><a>info@vincentdevries.com</a><br />
    m. 0031 681 477 157<br />
    <br />
    © 2016<br />
    <br />

You probably broken line while creating link. Unless it was intentional.

About your bold footer - does it also happen for you on iPad or IPhone Safari?
    Can you see same issue on any of our demos for FatMoon?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,
    Thank you for the feedback. I fixed the html in the footer, but - although it's not the biggest of issues - the problem remains.

I checked Iphone and Ipad, and they do not have this problem.

But I also checked two other apple MacBooks both running 10.0.2 and they do have the same issue when using Safari. Again, only on the frontpage.

Maybe you will read about it later somewhere? For now if it isn't a real problem, we can park it for a while.

Thanks for your efforts!

Have you had a chance to think about the issue where things go from centred to left align (again only in Safari) when using "Command Minus" to make screen elements bigger or smaller? Or would you prefer If I open up a new discussion?

Thanks!

attachments
    Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 12.05.11 .png
    2810 x 1654 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 12.04.47 .png
    2826 x 1656 - 1M
  • AirAir
    Like I said:
    Air said: I don't know reason for any of these issues,
    You just found some strange quirks of Mac Safari:-) Even if I had access to safari I don't think I would be able to work out anything for "zooming mode" as it is generally messy thing, and each browser does it differently, doing what it thinks would be best for user.

So no one really tries to "fight" with what happens on "zoom mode".

About your main issue, try adding such custom CSS, and check if it will make any difference:

.foot-text {
    font-weight: normal !important;
    }
    If not, then try adding this instead, and check if it will make text look same everywhere

.foot-text {
    font-weight: bold !important;
    }
    With kind regards.
    :-) Understood. Thanks Though