Before you ask please READ THIS

Blog questions

edited October 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 19
I have a few questions pertaining to the blog.

First, I would like to have my posts set to content in the way they loop. They seem to be automatically going to the setting where it says "read more". I would like my posts to be fully displayed when you navigate to the blog.

Second, is there a way to widen the blog page? I would like an option where I can choose the width of the entire blog page.

Third, is there a way to change the comment ticker next to each post. Like possibly changing it to the date, rather than the comment counter?

Thanks!
LC

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello.

1. http://apollo13.eu/docs/spaceship/#!/main_settings_menu_blog
    2. You mean:
    a) with out sidebar or b) really full width?
    If a) go to Pages edit your blog page and turn off widget area.
    b) is not possible, and changing it may result in bugs in responsive design or elsewhere.
    3. You wish to change order in post info? I don't get it. Some screen shot may help.

With regards.
  • I would like to know if it is possible to change the comment ticker.

Also, the feed for each post in the settings is selected as full text, rather than summary. Yet, I still have the "read more" link on the post. I would like the full post to show when you navigate to the blog.
    Picture 3.jpg
    705 x 649 - 296K
  • AirAir
    Read more - I answered it already. Go to Spaceship theme ->Main settings -> Blog-> Type of post excerpts, and turn on manual excerpts.

Comments - inserting date here may be to long for this place. To hide this:
    Firstly you will have to switch to non compressed mode http://apollo13.eu/docs/spaceship/#!/advance_menu or add CSS via some plugin.

edit style.css and change ~755 line

article .post-info a.comments{
    background-color: #3b3b3b;
    color: #fff;
    font-size: 16px;
    line-height: 30px;
    min-width: 20px;
    padding: 0 5px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 30px;
    left: -50px;
    text-align: center;