Before you ask please READ THIS

Header color variant issues

Hello,

I am pulling my hair out trying to resolve an issue with my header color variants. On the page I'm currently working on, the light color variant version of the logo will not stop displaying on rows that I have designated with the dark color variant. Within the page's header settings, I have selected global settings.

On my front page, the header background will not update (it is the default black and though it is showing that I have changed it to be transparent, the black won't go away).

I have tried clearing my cache and repeating steps multiple times and nothing is working.

Help!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Link to site would help a lot with investigating what is happening.

It all sounds like there is still some setting not changed, but I need more info to help.

And please don't pull you hair, just come to me before you will get bold ;-)

With kind regards.
  • Hi!

http://mackowickdesign.com/work/sjmpower
    http://mackowickdesign.com

i may have figured out part of the problem. changed works, pages default header setting to the dark variant and went back and edited only the individual rows that i need the light variant for within the work itself. on the sjmpower page, everything looks ok now when i'm in the customizer except now the shadow won't go away on the sticky header. however when i view the page in a new window (not in editing mode) the old header is still displaying as well as the old original stock logo, which i have deleted.

maybe just an issue with items in the header taking several hours to update? i've noticed this delay in updating with wordpress headers before
  • AirAir
    kmackowick said: n the sjmpower page, everything looks ok now when i'm in the customizer except now the shadow won't go away on the sticky header.
    You have option for it Customizing ▸ Header settings ▸ Sticky header - overwrites ▸ Shadow.
    kmackowick said: the old header is still displaying as well as the old original stock logo, which i have deleted.
    New window? Like when you are not logged to WordPress? Do you have any cache plugins installed? Cause you should disable them while you are working on look of your page.
    kmackowick said:
    maybe just an issue with items in the header taking several hours to update? i've noticed this delay in updating with wordpress headers before
    When you change something in customizer and get back to viewing your site it is goos to hit ctrl+f5 to refresh loaded styles file in browser.

So your long time changes can be connected to two things: cache plugins + cache in browser. Depending on situation ;-)

With kind regards.
  • Appreciate the help. The CTRL+ F5 trick has been really helpful. The only problem I seem to still be having is the sticky header shadow will not go away no matter what I do. I've tried clicking "enable" and "disable" again, several times, and cleared the cache and refreshed with F5 and still nothing will make it disappear. Any ideas?
  • AirAir
    Try again getting into customizer change it few times to enable disable without saving changes. At end leave it at disabled and click save.

If it won't help try updating theme, cause I see you have older version of theme and maybe there was some bug with it in the past, I don't remember now.

With kind regards.
  • Ok. So I updated the theme. It didn't fix the shadow, and now Visual Composer will not update to be usable with the new version unless I buy a license for $34. Please advise. How can I get access to this update?
  • AirAir
    You have bundled plugins with theme, so you update them from theme ;-) See this http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/installation_update_bundled_plugins

About shadow:
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-)

Only after digging in your site I have realized that it was bug in theme, and shadow in sticky header is not set.
    To quickly fix this go to fatmoon\advance\user-css.php line ~1226 and change :

/* ==================
    STICKY HEADER OVERWRITES
    ==================*/
    /* Main */
    #header.a13-sticky-variant,
    #header.a13-sticky-variant:hover{
    $header_sticky_bg_color
    border-color: $header_sticky_separators_color;
    }
    to

/* ==================
    STICKY HEADER OVERWRITES
    ==================*/
    /* Main */
    #header.a13-sticky-variant,
    #header.a13-sticky-variant:hover{
    $header_sticky_bg_color
    border-color: $header_sticky_separators_color;
    $header_sticky_shadow
    }
    After this set this option again in customizer and save changes.

Thanks for help with this!

As for
    kmackowick said: the white header variant is still displaying on at least 2 iPhones that I have been able to view the page with, no matter what settings I change
    It is not white variant but you have white logo for HIGH DPI devices set :-)

With kind regards.