Before you ask please READ THIS

Problems with Ajax Search Pro Plugin

edited January 2017 in FatMoon Posts: 14
I use the plugin Ajax Search Pro from

https://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/3357410

I have the problem that in your theme the replacing of the default theme search bar is not possible easy

In the Post

https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/general_settings/replacing_the_default_theme_search_bar.html

it says that

"this method is supported by 99% of the themes out there. If the default search bar is not replaced after choosing one of the options, you will have to replace it manually in the theme code."

in:

https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/getting_started/search_shortcode_in_themes.html

i dont know how i edit to add the widget with the shortcode [wd_asp id=1]

into the line 291 in fatmoon\advance\utilities\header.php
"( $header_search ? '<div id="search-button" class="icon-search tool" title="' . esc_attr( esc_html__( 'Search', 'apollo13-framework' ) ) . '"></div>' : '' ) ."
Can u help me again, pls?
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)
    natal1e said: this method is supported by 99%
    Love such research ;-)

Problem with our search is that it appears after click in button that opens it. So we are probably this "1%".
    natal1e said: i dont know how i edit to add the widget with the shortcode [wd_asp id=1]
    Have you tried with do_shortcode like in your other topic?
    "( $header_search ? do_shortcode('[wd_asp id=1]') : '' ) ."
    With kind regards.
    Yes the do_shortcode is possible.

But to my surprise the Ajax functionality dont work. I dont know why.

I use then the search plugin in the hidden-sidebar.

But now the Problem is that in the mobile view (with iphone 6s) there are inconsistencies. The search results do not disappear immediately, and everything becomes slower, the resolution also changes.

In Desktop View everything is okay.

The Problem is when i make a search in the mobile view. A Search Result will appear and when i want close the sidebar, the search results dont dissapear.

In Desktop View everything is okay.
    I think the best solution is to add directly

with "( $header_search ? do_shortcode('[wd_asp id=1]') : '' ) ."

but the plugin dont react in the field.
  • AirAir
    Hi again:-)

I don't think I will be able to help you with all those problems, as this out of scope of theme support and it looks like lot of small tweaks is needed to make it work as you wish. Small doesn't mean easy ;-)

About Ajax search - theme works fine with different free plugin that has similar functionality http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/plugins_search_live_results

With kind regards.
    Thanks for pointing to the free plugin. But this plugin can not adequately help me because many important functions are missing. And a good search function is very important especially for me.

I've discovered in the theme support for the overlay menu.

In header.php

( $menu_overlay ? '' : '' ) ."

Can I at least know how I can activate instead of the main menu a widget with a short code?

Sorry that I bombard you with many questions :cry:
  • AirAir
    natal1e said: But this plugin can not adequately help me because many important functions are missing.
    I wonder what are those functions:-)
    natal1e said: Can I at least know how I can activate instead of the main menu a widget with a short code?
    I don't understand what you ask here. You want to remove main menu and insert there widget with shortcode?
    If yes, then I don't know:-) But hopefully you mean something else.
    natal1e said: I've discovered in the theme support for the overlay menu.
    Good for you :-)

With kind regards.
    I think this is not the right forum to discuss the functionality of other plugins. If you are really interested - which I do not suppose - you can read here:

Https://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-search-pro-for-wordpress-live-search-plugin/3357410

I asked:

Can I at least know how to use a widget with a short code?

I've been badly expressed, sorry.

The Menu Overlay display the Main Menu.

Link: http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#header_menu_overlay

Is it possible to display a widget instead of the Main Menu?

Thank you for your efforts
  • AirAir
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,970
    natal1e said: I think this is not the right forum to discuss the functionality of other plugins. If you are really interested - which I do not suppose - you can read here:
    I am asking you cause you decided that you need other plugin for "search" and I wonder why. What exactly is thing that is crucial for you in that plugin. I ask this cause maybe we should consider supporting other plugin in our theme, for you and other users:-)
    However you are right it is Offtopic.
    natal1e said: Can I at least know how to use a widget with a short code?
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/widgets You can use widget "Shortcode" add there you shortcode and add it in sidebar that you want.
    natal1e said: Is it possible to display a widget instead of the Main Menu?
    If I understand you right and you want to change menu displayed in overlay with something else, then you can do it in fatmoon\advance\utilities\footer.php line ~162
    and instead of all that code:

if ( has_nav_menu( 'header-menu' ) ):
    	wp_nav_menu( array(
    		'container'      => false,
    		'link_before'    => '<span>',
    		'link_after'     => '</span>',
    		'menu_class'     => '',
    		'theme_location' => 'header-menu',
    		'items_wrap'     => '<ul id="%1$s" class="%2$s">%3$s</ul>',
    		'depth'          => 1
    	) );
    else:
    	echo '<ul>';
    	wp_list_pages(
    		array(
    			'link_before' => '<span>',
    			'link_after'  => '</span>',
    			'title_li'    => '',
    			'depth'       => 1
    		)
    	);
    	echo '</ul>';
    endif;

add your do_shortcode or other thing. About displaying widget - that is for sure possible but I don't know the code.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Air many thanks. With your help i found now a solution.