Before you ask please READ THIS

4 column to 8 or 12 column brick layout?

Hi there,

I just bought the fat moon template - love it! - and was wondering if there’s any way I could have an 8 or even 12 column brick layout instead of the 4 column layout?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Susanne

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

You can try to enter such number in columns setting input but theme probably doesn't have styles prepared for such scenario.

Why you want so tiny images? Maybe you need something else for your needs, like default WordPress gallery in post or page?

With kind regards.
  • Hi Air,
    Thank you for your quick reply!

When I go to … Customizing > Works settings > Works list.
    I can choose a maximum of 4 columns. Do you mean to say I can select more somewhere else?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to create a portfolio with a 8 column brick layout - for the homepage only - where some bricks are small (for instance: 1 or 2 columns) some are medium (for instance: 3 columns) and some are big (for instance: 4 columns)

Above situation is for web. For Mobile I’d be happy to stick to a one column brick layout. Hope I explained it well enough.

If 4 is the template's max number of columns, is there any way you could provide me with some custom css to get 8 or more columns?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Susanne
  • Hi Air,

See attachment - sample of an 8 column grid - to get an idea of what I have in mind.

It may end up being 9 - 12 or 16 columns if that’s possible from your end.

This setup doen’t need to be responsive and can always be a fixed number of columns on all devices except for mobile which will always be 1 column.

Hope that helps to explain.

Thanks again!
    sample 8 column layout.jpg
    1440 x 1906 - 147K
  • AirAir
    susanne_burofritz said: I can choose a maximum of 4 columns. Do you mean to say I can select more somewhere else?
    You can write number in that input where it is displayed "4", however as I said theme might not support it in pretty way. However check for yourself :-)
    susanne_burofritz said: If 4 is the template's max number of columns, is there any way you could provide me with some custom css to get 8 or more columns?
    Unfortunately not. Only for 4 columns with support of various sizes of bricks it is already mass of CSS, so scaling this up is very troublesome. You have to also remember about various screen sizes, that not all that looks good on screen 1920 will also look good on 1024 screen.
    That is why we maxed it out to 4 columns.

If you like you can see how CSS looks for this in file fatmoon\advance\user-css.php line ~1682 and from string /* 4 columns */ it starts.

I understand your idea, and it is nice idea ;-) However we designed it for max 4 columns cause of reasons described above.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks a lot!
    Susanne