Before you ask please READ THIS

RevolutionSlider issues

edited February 2017 in Starter Posts: 5
Hi there! As said on Themeforest I am working on a website with the Starter theme. I’m having quite a fight with the integration of Revolution Slider.
For some reason it won’t show up in the horizontal menu/header (while I’ve followed the steps in the documentation):

- I’ve changed the (colour)settings in the “light” overlay
- I’ve created a slider and I’ve added an image to the first slide
- I’ve added the data-variant shortcode to the slider
- I’ve changed the “Header color variant” to “light”
- then the header will change colours just like I’ve selected but the slider image won’t show

What did I do wrong? And is this really the only way to work with the RevolutionSlider?

Oh BTW, I can't give a link to the website because it's running on an internal (local hosted) server, sorry!
Post edited by NBRobinM on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

I think you are mixing two things here:
    1. Header variants
    2. Revolution slider

What you are citing from documentation is use of header color variant with Revolutions slider. It means Header color varaint can change depending on "main color" of your current slide.

However, from what I understand, you have problem with Revolution slider alone, and something isn't working there.

So lets leave everything about header and header color variant and focus just on Revolution slider, ok ? :-)

You probably want to insert it on some page, right? Have you done it using Visual Composer or you just inserted it with shortcode to page content?
    If you can please add screen shot showing how you embeded Revolution Slider.

With kind regards.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the answer Air! :)

When reading your answer I realize I mixed up those 2 different subjects because I understood it this way from the documentation files. I just want to have an image slider in the header on the front page of the site. When fiddling with the theme I couldn't get it working so I moved over to the manual.
    Adding images to the manual could make it more clear I think ;)

In the mean time, I think I have found the right settings for row to behave correctly to show the image slider. Quite a hassle with the VisualComposer...
    Post edited by NBRobinM on
  • AirAir
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,970
    NBRobinM said: Adding images to the manual could make it more clear I think
    Thanks for feedback. For sure in your confused state it would help ;-) However if you reread first paragraph of this chapter http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/revolution-slider-headers you will see that we mean something different then what you were looking for, and this is one of those things that can't be captured with screen shot ;-)

Also lots of meaning for "Header" doesn't help in this case.

OK but back to topic: so you manged to make it show it self ? :-)

Anyway if you have free domain you could import one of our demos to see how it is constructed, and it would be much easier to play with for you. I advise it as a warmup before going further with work :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Yup, I managed to get the RevolutionSlider on the right place and I even got the "light" and "dark" overlays working :)

I'd rather not import the demo files as this will add a lot of pages, images and unwanted things. I might consider the option as it may save some time and confusion though.

Thanks for you help anyway :wink: