Before you ask please READ THIS

Client Area

sp3sp3
in FatMoon Posts: 9
I love FatMoon theme it is AMAZING! Especially for photographers. I was wondering if you are planning to add new feature: Client Area - would be so cool! If I could upload pictures from photo shoot to client area and send link (password protected) to the client and they could e.g click : Heart Symbol or Star Symbol & comment under picture it would speed up the image proofing process.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Yes we do plan to add it :-) However cause of lack of hands to work and lot of work that have to be done beforeit, it is NOT coming up next week ;-) If everything goes well it should arrive in 2-3 months.
    However we can discuss what is needed there exactly.

Marking photos with star - that for sure.
    Comments you say? It could be added in some way I will have to think about it :-)
    Any other needs? :-)

With kind regards.
  • sp3sp3
    Hi,
    Again guys! YOU ROCK! I can't thank you enough for the wonderful work you do! It is AMAZING!

Regarding Client Area:
    - marking photos with "Star" or "heart" most important
    - would be great to have a button on top or somewhere that says:
    SHOW ALL | SELECTED | UNSELECTED so client can easily go through pictures and see what they already selected or what other photographs they wish to add (something like filtering)
    - comments (would be great but is not that important really) .

I'm not sure how you will get it to work... so when client select the pictures how photographer will be notified? probably by login to my wp-admin panel and looking a the shots they starred - I guess.

Anyway, I know you will kill it again - because that's what Apollo13 does! You killing the theme game with an amazing work! :)

All the best to the whole team! Looking forward to new features !
  • AirAir
    Thanks for so many details, it will for sure help me when I get into this feature! And that believe in us - super, got smile on my face ;-)
    Hope you will like it when it is done:-)

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

We are working currently on client area(photo proofing) in our theme.
    We have already added marking photos and commenting them.

I have some questions to you about it:

1. I have question about numbers that are displayed on each photo. Should these numbers be chosen by author, or added by system(like ID of photo in WordPress)?

2. What is more important comment to single photo or to whole album? Or both are equally fine? See image(it is still work in progress).

With kind regards.
    ss-2017-05-12_14-41-14.png
    769 x 307 - 37K
  • Hello Air,

from my point of view:

1) number should better be given by the photographer, to sync it with project numbers etc.
    2) comments on single photos would be important (for feedback) as well as separate rating.

Regarding the rating: stars are more for communities to show appreciation.; for clients ratings something like "approved/corrections needed/declined" would be more helpfull.

A password protected area would be nice, too.

Regards,
    Nils
  • AirAir
    Thanks for feedback even when question was not asked to you ;-)
    nilsschirmer said: 1) number should better be given by the photographer, to sync it with project numbers etc.
    OK, that is what I thought. However I imagine that some should be fine with auto generated numbers, or no numbers at all, so I will probably make option for it.
    nilsschirmer said: like "approved/corrections needed/declined" would be more helpfull.
    For now I have added selected/unselected. If anyone wants to point out corrections to photo, comment to that photo should be good place, and it will keep mechanics simple.
    nilsschirmer said: A password protected area would be nice, too.
    Albums already have options for password :-)

Thanks for feedback nilsschirmer! I appreciate it!

With kind regards.
  • sp3sp3
    I agree with everything above!
    Can't wait to see this feature finally added to the theme! Good job guys! as always you care about your clients. Both numbering is fine with me! Comments as well!

Thanks a million!!!! You guys rock!
  • look at this https://pl.wordpress.org/plugins/picu/
    thing i need in that proofer is name of file and export of this (if client pick 100 photos i must select them manually in your proofer) when i used picu i just copy filenames to graphic program on my pc
  • AirAir
    Hello there:-)

OK. So textarea with all selected files by client should do it. Anything else that will help in workflow?

With kind regards.