Before you ask please READ THIS

Airlock Portfolio -

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 3
I just purchased this template and I absolutely love it. So minimal.

I have a few questions:

1. I am using it for a hotels website. How can I make the default image width smaller for the portfolio site? Unfortunately I do not have high resolution images for every hotel and they look distorted.

2. As I am using the portfolio for displaying hotels, I want to display information also. As there is no option to insert shortcodes in portfolio area I just pasted the shortcode code in. For example, for tabs. But the problem is that there is no spaces, so the information is not displayed well. How can I fix this?

3. I want to change the icon when you hover over portfolio icons on the front page. how do I do that?

I have attached some screenshots that I hope will help. The screenshots also show the URL of my site.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I love your work and I hope I can get some ideas on how I can adapt it for my project.
image1.jpg
906 x 865 - 74K
image2.jpg
953 x 810 - 69K
image3.jpg
97 x 112 - 3K

Comments

• Sorry I have a few more questions.
    For my specific project, I wish to have 3 categories showing. For example, Location, Star rating and type of propert (hotel, apartment, etc).

If you could kindly provide me some advice on this also it would be appreciated. At the moment I can only show one category on the main page of the portfolio.

Any assistance you could give me would be much appreciated :)
  • AirAir

Hey Irdeto.
    Firstly I Love the way you are using Airlock :-) Using it for hotels is creative way of using it :-)

Answers:
    1. Just don't use Portfolio details - Add Image and videos box if you don't have images big enough. You can use normal post formatting and adding pictures. I will add in today update possibility to activate shortocodes in portfolio item section, so the description will be more useful in your case.

2. There is no way to fix this. You can use less or more tabs to make it look better. I would recommend to delete one, and use it contents above tabs, for example Overview tab

3. airlock/common/gfx/light/alpha-scope-more.png change it to whatever you like. Top part is normal, and lower is hover version. Keep in mind that without modification of CSS you have to keep same dimensions. Also you will loose your changes in files of Airlock if you will update theme, so please save your changes in some safe place.

4. Default setting was like that. http://apollo13.eu/docs/airlock/#!/airlock_home_page_design in category for portfolio choose All

Thanks for providing link to your project in screenshot, but it would be more helpful if you added it in post :-)

With regards

The tabs really need a significant improvement. It should be expected that users may want to format text (for example bullet points, new lines, etc).

At the moment you can only type in text and there is no formatting.

The information that is displayed in the tabs is not very user friendly.

I would recommend that this be changed or at least a plugin recommended for users.

Tabs are a good idea however if the information cannot be displayed in a meaningful way, then they are not very useful.

your advice?
  • AirAir
    It is not that text in tabs can't be formated. When you insert shortcode you can edit content in [tab] content [/tab] as you wish. It is just text, so you can bold it, insert new lines and any other things you do normal with code. Shorcodes are also just text, and shortcode editor is there just to make insertion of them more simple :-) If you like you can write shortcodes from keyboard.

With regards.