Before you ask please READ THIS

Config issues

edited October 2012 in Skyfashion Posts: 3
Several items I am trying to configure and having trouble with:

1. I am trying to set the Blog page as homepage, I found the setting under Settings>Reading>Set static page as homepage, but when I do this, I lose the functionality of Blog page - widgets no longer show on sidebar, date moves next to title, rather than above title (see sky_blog_sub and sky_blog_home)

2. I would like to remove the title bar from each subpage - title shows between nav and content on each page

3. The Tags that show for a Post next to a title are actually the Categories assigned, is it possible to use the Tags instead in this box?

4. When viewing a Portfolio project, the default width of text is 220px, and photos are 700px, is it possible to change these dimensions so that a Portfolio project looks more like a blog post? I really want to be able to use the Portfolio, because of the appeal of the filterable content.
sky_blog_sub.png
999 x 969 - 595K
sky_blog_home.png
999 x 831 - 563K

Comments

• Can someone please look into these items and get back to me?
  • Can someone please look into these items and get back to me?
  • Hello,

1. There is no option to make this. And this is difficult to change in code. Frontend template is in front-page.php file. You can rewrite it.

2. You have to delete change many files like: archive.php, blog.php, page.php, contact.php and few more. There is no option like this template.

3. You are right, this are categories, but there is no option to change it.

4. You have to edit our css file. But it force you to change responsive behavior what makes it very difficult.

Sorry for late response and no big help.
    Best,
    Miłosz