Before you ask please READ THIS

Translation

Hello,
I'm using the Starter | Business One-Page WordPress Theme in french, and two translations are missing in the works plugin. I don't see them in the po file. "Load more" must be "Voir plus" and "Similar work" should be "voir également"... where could I modify them? Thank you!
Capture d’écran 2017-02-27 à 13.53.35.png
1416 x 954 - 665K
Capture d’écran 2017-02-27 à 13.59.34.png
1214 x 1120 - 1M

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

This "Load More" is from Visual Composer, so you will have to translate it in it.
    As for "Similar Works" it is in translation, you might missed it.
    What theme number version do you have?

With kind regards.
  • Starter Version : 1.1.8
    Thank you for your answer. I found "Load More", but not "Similar Works"...
  • AirAir
    I have just checked in ZIPped version of starter in file starter.pot, and there are both strings "Similar Works" and "Similar works". Look again or try to upload this file once again.

With kind regards.
    Thank you Air.
    Just a last question: how should I name this new file? Starter_fr.mo and .po? I've created a new folder in the child theme named "languages". Is it right?
  • AirAir
    Everything I know about translations is here http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/translating_theme

I assume you want french so your files should be named fr_FR.po & fr_FR.mo

With kind regards.
    anne76 said: I've created a new folder in the child theme named "languages".
    I am not sure it will work. try first by adding these files to main theme, and then test on child theme.
    Tell me later does it work. If not I will try to fix it for next update.

With kind regards.
    Hello Air,
    The fr_FR.po and .mo files still exist in the main theme folder. I don't want to replace them, because they are different as the Starter.pot. How can I fix this problem?
    Thank you.
  • AirAir
    I don't think I understand situation, I need you to explain me what you mean, and what you did.
    anne76 said: The fr_FR.po and .mo files still exist in the main theme folder
    Cause you created them, right?

anne76 said: because they are different as the Starter.pot.
    Different in what matter? Cause they are translated version from Starter.pot file?

If both answers are "yes", then I don't understand your problem.

With kind regards.
    No, they were there at the begining. I send you the different files (screen shot), so you can see the difference, also a screen shot from the server files...

Thank you very much!
    Capture d’écran 2017-03-01 à 18.00.31.png
    867 x 1007 - 242K
    Capture d’écran 2017-03-01 à 18.55.43.png
    1608 x 984 - 270K
    Capture d’écran 2017-03-01 à 18.56.32.png
    1612 x 1624 - 259K
  • AirAir
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Now it is clear :-) You are in wrong directory ;-)
    You have to add your translated files(created from starter.pot) to wp-content/themes/starter/languages

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Great! It works! Thank you Air, I offer you a coffee with pleasure! :-)
  • AirAir
    Thanks for coffee, you didn't have to :-)
    Have a great day!
  • AirAir
    Hi again :-)

I have added info to documentation as to were to save files so you won't lose them on theme update :

Air said: If you don't want to lose your translation on each theme update, then you should name your translation files like apollo13-framework-{your_locale}.mo and upload to wp-content\languages\themes.

Example names would look like: apollo13-framework-en_US.mo, apollo13-framework-de_DE.mo, apollo13-framework-pl_PL.mo, apollo13-framework-nl_BE.mo.
    It can be seen on http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/translating_theme

With kind regards.
    Thank you Air! Have a nice day!