Before you ask please READ THIS

Problems updating VC, page errors

Just purchased this theme. The visual composer is out of date. I cannot update it due to not having a license for VC but isn't an up to date version included with this theme??

I imported the paris architecture demo for some content to work with. Almost all of the demo pages show up blank. I checked the source and got this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function vc_shortcode_custom_css_has_property() in /home/stormdem/public_html/trosterudveien/wp-content/themes/fatmoon/vc_templates/vc_row.php on line 69.

This is a clean install of the latest wordpress and nothing other than included plug ins are installed.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    johnevegas said: I cannot update it due to not having a license for VC but isn't an up to date version included with this theme??
    Yes, it is included. See this http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/installation_update_bundled_plugins
    johnevegas said: Fatal error: Call to undefined function vc_shortcode_custom_css_has_property()
    You must have very old VC installed as this function was added in VC 4.9
    Please update bundled plugins as explained in link above and it will work fine :-)

With kind regards.

I got VC to update by disabling it and then it updated without telling me that I have to have a code. I have the paris demo content installed. I am working with the 'home' with the slider, not the sample home page. I am getting this error and the slider is not working:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:7 http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/wp-content/hardware/ic_keyboard_arrow_down_24px.svg Could not be loaded !
    (anonymous) @ jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:7
    trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/:7 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'fill' of undefined
    at Function.buildFullTimeLine (eval at (jquery.js:2), :7:19091)
    at HTMLDivElement.eval (eval at (jquery.js:2), :7:4184)
    at Function.each (jquery.js:2)
    at Function.animateTheCaptions (eval at (jquery.js:2), :7:4011)
    at swapSlideProgress (jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:7)
    at Object.target (jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:7)
    at Object.h._callback (jquery.themepunch.tools.min.js:60)
    at Object.h.render (jquery.themepunch.tools.min.js:60)
    at Object.h.render (jquery.themepunch.tools.min.js:60)
    at Object.D._updateRoot.G.render (jquery.themepunch.tools.min.js:60)
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Good that you made it with updating VC.
    johnevegas said: I am getting this error and the slider is not working:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js:7 http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/wp-content/hardware/ic_keyboard_arrow_down_24px.svg
    Could you post link to that site where this slider is?
    Have you checked does mentioned file in error exist? Cause it could be source of the issue.

With kind regards.
    here is the link. It was the home page from the Paris demo.

http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/home/
  • AirAir
    It looks like it crashes cause of lack to that svg file http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/wp-content/hardware/ic_keyboard_arrow_down_24px.svg

From what I see this file has wrong path, it should be:
    http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/wp-content/plugins/revslider/public/assets/assets/svg/hardware/ic_keyboard_arrow_down_24px.svg

Maybe slider have imported wrong or there is some problem with paths in your installation.

Anyway try first by importing paris slider once again, it is attached in this post(I have just exported in from original demo).

With kind regards.
    zip
    zip
    paris34.zip
    2M
    I just want to say you guys are great with the very responsive help. I saw the error and did not want to force loading that file but I ended up doing it but I am sure that is not the right solution. I created that directory and copied that file into it and it is working. So I am going to leave it for now even though not the best solution.

I am sorry to bother you again but I can use some advice on something else. There is padding around the pages when in a higher resolution viewport ( http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/ ). I do not want to force the changes with custom CSS unless I have to. I assume there are setting in the theme to change this but for some reason I cannot find them. I have also spent time looking through the documents and playing with the site settings and I cannot find the way to remove this setting.
  • AirAir
    You mean border ? :-)

If yes, then go to:
    Customizing ▸ General settings ▸ General layout ▸Layout type ▸Full width

With kind regards.
    Thanks, I have seen this setting, changed it to full width, I am sure but not sure how I changed it back or did not save correctly.

I really hate to bother you and this is probably more of a question for the slider revolution people but I am sure that someone there knows this one easy because you created these page examples. I am using the paris content as per customer request to set up this page: http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com/

The slider that is at the top, I am using the slider template from the paris content. I swapped out the photos and the text but there is some effect, either an overlay or opacity that is blurring out the last two slides with white. I have looked and spent too much time trying to remove this and I feel like an idiot because I cannot find where this is being defined. If you can find it in your good grace to offer me some advice, I am sure it really a simple fix and your help will stop me from beating my head on the desk and wasting more time.
    No worries, I just recreated the slides and works just as I wanted but I do still wish I know what was causing that? Thanks if you want to tell me what I missed but not important
    Hello Johnevegas

Did you solve this problem? :
    "either an overlay or opacity that is blurring out the last two slides with white."

because i checked it on the Firefox and Chrome and i dont see any problem.
    Let me know :)

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 9
    I already redid the slides and no effect applied. I only wish I knew where I was missing where I could have turned that off but no big deal, it did not take long at all to redo. The theme is very deep with so many settings/options that learning the nuances of it is like a 3 credit course but that is a good thing because its a great theme. Now that I have been spending time with the theme, learning, I would definitely try to suggest it as an option to use for clients in the future
    Post edited by johnevegas on
  • AirAir
    johnevegas said: I already redid the slides and no effect applied
    Then we don't know what could be issue before, but great you were able to solve it:-)
    johnevegas said: I would definitely try to suggest it as an option to use for clients in the future
    Thanks for kind words:-) Improvements and new features are still coming up. Thanks for being our client!

See ya around:-)

Even though this is a new topic I am just going to ask my question here. I am in the theme general options->footer settings. I am putting HTML into the 'content text' field. It does say:
    Content text
    You can use HTML here.
    But it does not recognize any HTML I put in. It might be an oversight and should say "You can't use HTML" or something is not working in the theme or I am doing something wrong. I can figure out another way like just modifying the theme but I really do not like to have to do that unless necessary.

You can look at the site but you will only see the text in that footer. I created 3 columns with an image in the first and text in the next two. But you will only see the text left from the stripped out HTML and no image tags, no tags whatsoever, they are getting stripped.

http://trosterudveien.stormdemoserver.com

Its late here I will probably just wake up in the morning and edit the footer because there probably is not a fix unless something in the settings I missed. But I wanted you guys to know that I found this issue and see what you think.
  • AirAir
    :-)
    This fields is named "Content text", so it is not area for crazy constructions with columns, but simple text, maybe image ;-)
    You can use HTML there, but for formatting, like strong, b, i, a, em, img etc.

If you want something more advance then you are advised to modify theme with child theme for example.

With kind regards.
    I ended up just adjusting the filtering functions in the fatmoon/advance/utilities/footer.php. I did not hard code the HTML into the file, I just removed the filters. So the code in that content text field will save HTML, just when it displays the filter functions are ripping it out. Even if future updates override my change. it will be easy to change back.
  • AirAir
    Great :-) Envato reviewers have high pressure on these filters, to make themes as safe as possible. In my original idea I wanted full HTML there, same as you ;-)

With kind regards.