Before you ask please READ THIS

Woocommerce templates outdated

edited June 2017 in Photon Posts: 91
Hi,

Some of the woocommerce templates overriden by Photon are outdated (at first only one, now already 4). I still do not know how to fix that. Is there a quick way to do it as it looks it happens with every update of woocommerce?

Thank you.

Edit: Oh I see I have version 1.2.8 of Photon but have not received notification of versions 1.2.9 and 1.3.0. How is that? I still receive notifications of some Hypershotswebs I have...
Post edited by Lalouetto on

Comments

  • AirAir
    Posts: 10,056
    Hello:-)

    WooCommerce 3.x had many issues with delivering proper info which templates they edited, and they changed that with each small update.

    Lalouetto said: Photon but have not received notification of versions 1.2.9 and 1.3.0.
    You mean mail from ThemeForest? We don't have control on this, so you will have to ask Envato guys.

    With kind regards.
  • Posts: 91
    Hi.

    Mm I do not understand. My woocommerce, already updated (3.08), keeps saying there are 4 templates overriden by obsolete versions inside the theme. Should those messages have disappeared on my system status page? Should I just ignore them?

    About version of Photon, with Hypershot I get a message inside Wordpress telling me about the existance of a new version, not email. Photon is not doing it. How can I know that I have a new version to download then?

    Thanks.
  • Posts: 91
    Ok, I understand.

    The problem with WC is that I had version 1.2.8 of Photon because I did not get notification in either of my 2 sites with Photon about the updates so I was 2 versions down.

    Do you mean I have to blame Envato for that? Did you have information about this issue of lack of notifications before?

    Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Posts: 10,056
    Hello again :-)
    Lalouetto said: My woocommerce, already updated (3.08), keeps saying there are 4 templates overriden by obsolete versions inside the theme. Should those messages have disappeared on my system status page? Should I just ignore them?
    1. Do you have now Photon 1.3.0?
    2. Do you use child theme?
    3. Have you made full update, or only selected files?
    Lalouetto said: About version of Photon, with Hypershot I get a message inside Wordpress telling me about the existance of a new version, not email. Photon is not doing it. How can I know that I have a new version to download then?
    Hypershot and Photon ale very different themes. For Photon, if you want receive info about updates and enable auto updates function you have to configure Envato plugin(Envato WordPress Toolkit) that is delivered with theme http://apollo13.eu/docs/photon/#!/installation_update_update_theme
    Lalouetto said: Do you mean I have to blame Envato for that? Did you have information about this issue of lack of notifications before?
    Now that you explained what you expected, then no, don't blame them ;-) Just configure their plugin :-)

    With kind regards.
  • Posts: 91
    Hi Air,

    I have that plugin installed and API configured on both sites since I installed Photon and still get no heads up.
    I have no option on it to choose to be warned or not when the theme is updated.

    I wonder what the problem can be (I have another 2 sites with Hypershot and without that plugin that do receive the warning; I know Hypershot is different).

    Cheers.

    (About WC, everything fixed when Photon updated).
  • AirAir
    Posts: 10,056
    Lalouetto said: (I have another 2 sites with Hypershot and without that plugin that do receive the warning
    Cause it is different notice, delivered from us, not Envato.

    In case of Envato plugin they are responsible for delivering that info, but I also don't know why it doesn't work in your case. Maybe it is just broken.

    Anyway, just in case, if you will go to your downloads on TF, and find Photon there, you can check checkbox to be notified by email, when updates to theme roles out ;-)

    With kind regards.
    image
    ss-2017-06-21_13-29-37.png
    914 x 230 - 19K
  • Posts: 91
    That will have to be.

    Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion