Before you ask please READ THIS

Top Bar - Making it transparent

Hello,

I can't seem to figure out how to make the top bar transparent. Any pages that I put a image in the header/hero spot, the bar is black. Any pages that don't have an image in the header/hero its white and the top bar looks just fine on these pages. How can I make the top bar transparent on the pages with an image in the header/hero section?
Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 8.39.40 AM.png
2560 x 393 - 990K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Please check section about selecting header color variant - it should make this case clear :-)
    Read here: http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/header_variant_light_dark

With kind regards.
  • I've gone all through the Appearance > Customize sections and tried to change many things. The attached image shows that I have selected the Top Bar to be transparent however it is black. Any suggestions are welcomed.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 8.05.40 AM.png
    1526 x 850 - 829K
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

You have to make sure that in header color variant that you use top bar background is also transparent, for example in Appearance->Customize->Header settings-> Variant light - overwrites -> Top bar - Background color
    But it depends which variant you use.

With kind regards.
  • I have to say that the Header Variants are the most frustrating thing about this theme, too many options perhaps? If I disable it NONE of it should work at all, instead I spend an hour chasing settings! I wish when you disable all header variants, it actually does that, I have every single possible option set to transparent and yet my header STILL turns a solid color white! Ugg.
  • AirAir
    Hello there neuroticartist!
    neuroticartist said: If I disable it NONE of it should work at all
    There is no option to disable header color variants currently, so you probably can't disable it globally yet.
    neuroticartist said: I have to say that the Header Variants are the most frustrating thing about this theme, too many options perhaps?
    Yes, I agree that many users find it confusing. We wanted to give power to make cool tricks with rows and sliders, and it ended as most frustrating feature ever.
    However problem only occurs, when someone imports our design, were it is used. By default it is not used in theme.

I will introduce option to disable header color variants switching with next version.

Sorry for all the problems guys. We really had good intentions making it ;-)

Thanks for feedback - much appreciated!

With kind regards.
  • I used custom CSS to make it transparent whenever it wasn't, so that was a workaround to solving the problem. Yes, it is confusing and yes I did import a demo to start with. Having said that, I do love the theme! great job.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info and kindness!

If you will have any more feedback about problematic things, it is always welcome. Not everything can be solved, but always worth to talk about and explore solutions!

With kind regards.