Before you ask please READ THIS

Moving to RIFE

edited October 2017 in Rife Posts: 45
Hi, a couple of months ago, after having bought photon i realised you were no longer updating or supporting it, so i got the RIFE as i was told would support photo proving and buying pictures directly from the gallery. What im looking for now is for you guys to point me in the right direction on 1) how do i go about updating my photon website to rife and dont loose to much of what ive done 2) i cant see any photo proofing on rife demo, how do i get working.

many thanks in advance

jorge Monteiro
Post edited by Air on

Comments

• AirAir
    edited October 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Hey.

I will just answer this question now, will get to other questions when I will get back to my Computer(not sure if this will happen during weekend)

So to see photo proofing go to : http://rifetheme.com/rife-13/
    We have also wrote article about it https://apollo13themes.com/photo-proofing/

monteiro said: how do i go about updating my photon website to rife and dont loose to much of what ive done
    You shouldn't lose anything from your content if you just install Rife theme, and activate it. You should mainly check in albums, how they behave after such switch.

Don't worry about switching themes back and forth, as they have separate settings, so you can experiment. Talking about options in Customizer :-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Hello,

Just a question on this thread.

I have 2 Hypershot sites and 2 Photon sites. I know Hypershot is not going to be supported or updated so I have to move on on those ones, but I had no idea Photon is not going to get updated either (at this moment at least). Is that a fact or a future fact?

Regards
  • AirAir
    edited November 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Hey there!
    Lalouetto said: Photon is not going to get updated either (at this moment at least). Is that a fact or a future fact?
    Photon will probably not receive any new features, but we want to keep it working with new WordPress versions as long as possible. This should be fairly easy, unless WordPress will make some crazy shit ;-)

I don't like that fact too. However we are only 2 man team. Fortunately we have found a way to keep themes up to date all the time even if there is no real interest in particular theme anymore by customers. However this works for all our themes since FatMoon.

With kind regards.

Post edited by Air on
  • Hey there Air,

I understand and support your decision and it is a cool way to refocus. It means that I have to rebuild 4 sites, but I'm with you. Kudos.

A lot to study for me now. A lot of different features, different looks... but only at first.

Best regards
  • AirAir
    We are here for you if anything. You know that :-)
    I will be making big improvements to Rife in this 2-3 months, so hopefully it can get better.
    You can find road map of upcoming changes here https://apollo13themes.com/rife/free/

With kind regards.