Before you ask please READ THIS

Background border color

in Rife Posts: 45
How do i put black as the background color of the menu or header. The areas showing in my picture, i want to do this as the menu cant be seen very well as it is. https://jvmdesigns.co.uk/photography-rife/

thanks
Capture.PNG
1919 x 1112 - 1M

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Set it in Light header overwrites:
    Customizing ▸ Header settings▸ Variant light - overwrites ▸ Background color.

With kind regards.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 45
    thanks, but now it doesn't cover the full screen, i would like the menu to appear the same size but the black part to go full width.
    Capture.PNG
    2112 x 509 - 590K
    Post edited by monteiro on
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 45
    ok, i think ive worked it out ;) by making it full width !!

Second question, ive noticed that because my logo is white i cant see in the pages that have a white background, is there a way to have a black logo on those pages? as the menu content does it itself. thanks again.
    Post edited by monteiro on
  • Just like to let you know that i am overwhelmed by the greatness of this theme, it is just so awesome !! Great job !!!
  • AirAir
    Hello again :-)
    monteiro said: Second question, ive noticed that because my logo is white i cant see in the pages that have a white background, is there a way to have a black logo on those pages? as the menu content does it itself. thanks again.
    Yes, you can set black logo in header color variant that you use.
    I think this part of documentation should explain it all:
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/rife/#header_variant_light_dark
    monteiro said:
    Just like to let you know that i am overwhelmed by the greatness of this theme, it is just so awesome !! Great job !!!
    Thanks for your warm opinion!

With kind regards.

• great thanks, what about having the same way all the way through the website, so i have black header on all pages, as the was it is now depends on the page i choose from the demo. i would rather have black like the home page on all pages.
  • anyway i hope you enjoyed my coffee the other day !!! ;)
  • AirAir
    OK
    monteiro said: anyway i hope you enjoyed my coffee the other day !!!
    O yes, I just drink it right now, it is tasty ;-) Thanks a lot!
    monteiro said: what about having the same way all the way through the website, so i have black header on all pages, as the was it is now depends on the page i choose from the demo. i would rather have black like the home page on all pages.
    OK in this case do as follows:
    1. Set your desired header settings: Customizing ▸ Header settings ▸ Type, variant, background
    2. Set you logo: Customizing ▸ Header settings ▸ Logo
    3. On any page that doesn't behave as desired, you have to change header color variant option: Edit page -> Page details -> Header -> Header color variant -> Normal

Now, you can also use option "Global settings" here, however then make sure that in setting in customizer you have set Pages to use Normal Header color variant:
    Customizing ▸ Page settings ▸ Single page ▸ Header color variant ▸Normal

Same thing applies to to Albums, Works & Posts, with similarly settings.

I will have to make it more clear in documentation soon:-)

With kind regards.
  • yes but the problem is some of the pages are albums ! for example https://jvmdesigns.co.uk/photography-rife/genre/gallery/ its an album list, how do i do it here ?
  • AirAir
    edited October 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Like I said, Albums have same settings:-) IN case of albums it will be:

Customizing ▸ Albums setting ▸ Single album - bricks ▸ Header color variant

and in single album:
    Edit page -> Album details -> Header -> Header color variant -> Normal

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on