Before you ask please READ THIS

Missing Sub Navigation and empty Mini-Cart while in checkout/cart

Hello,

a few days ago, we launched this webshop using fatmoon: http://www.urbexery.com/
everything (more or less) works fine and we are very happy!

but, we have two problems:

01. we added the page "cart" as a submenu of "shop". when we hover over "shop", the submenu stays invisible.
when i take a look at the sourcecode, the submenu is included. but it stays hidden.

02. we are using the woocommerce mini cart widget inside the basket sidebar. as soon as you enter the checkout page or view your cart, the popup mini-cart is empty.
so there is not really a convenient way to return to the cart if you want to change anything...

thank you very much and with kind regards from germany

Uwe

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)
    regenreich said: when i take a look at the sourcecode, the submenu is included. but it stays hidden.
    Our theme sub-menus work on click, not hover :-) You will have to add sub-menu openers.
    You can enable sub-menu opener in Customizer -> Header settings-> Main menu -> Submenu/mega menu opener icon

If you want to make whole "Shop" link clickable then mark option Make this item normal text(will not be link) -> http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#menu_enhancements
    regenreich said: we are using the woocommerce mini cart widget inside the basket sidebar. as soon as you enter the checkout page or view your cart, the popup mini-cart is empty.
    so there is not really a convenient way to return to the cart if you want to change anything.
    Yes, WooCoommerce disable it on checkout page, so there is nothing we can do. However I agree that it is confusing decision from WooCommerce side.

With kind regards.
  • Hello!

Thank you very much. Now i understand how your submenu works.
    Regarding the mini-cart, i will include a permanent cart link into the main navigation.
    Also, i try to include a "back to cart" link at the end of the checkout.

Thank you for your help and with kind regards

Uwe
  • AirAir
    edited October 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Hey again!

I have just played around with code, and if you will add such custom css:

.header-horizontal .desktop_menu li:hover > ul{
    display: block;
    }
    Then it will add hover opening to submenu.

Please tell me what do you think:-)

"Click to open" has advantages that subemnu doesn't disappear if user moved mouse to far, but hover faster unravels submenu.

However this hover is more "preview" then full solution, as it doesn't count edges of submenu properly in special cases.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on