Before you ask please READ THIS

Full page slider questions

Hello! I'm wondering if you can add a full page slider to a regular page like the Homepage and Works pages allow for? It seems like I can add an Album to make the slider, but then how do I add that Album to a page?

Also, on the full page slider on the Works single pages, I can’t get it to fit the screen by height and width. I currently have it resizing to fit the width, but I can’t figure out how to make it fit the height as well. It seems like the Albums sliders do this, but not the Works?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Albums and works are totally independent post types, so they can not be inserted into other posts/pages.

Each have specific task they try to solve, like classic pages and posts have theirs.
    snoackstudios said: Also, on the full page slider on the Works single pages, I can’t get it to fit the screen by height and width. I currently have it resizing to fit the width, but I can’t figure out how to make it fit the height as well.
    You can't do it as there is no option for it unfortunately.

In works we have many layouts, and option for title bar, and that is why it isn't full height, but instead it keeps proportion of 16:9 to adjust best for situation.

Could you show me page(work) where you would like to use it as full height? Maybe we can come up with different solution.

With kind regards.
  • Okay that sounds great on both, thank you for your help! For the Works single page, here is a proof site that we're working on: http://bhnarch2.snoackstudios.com/work/provence-in-hope-ranch. The top slider resizes based on width, but we were hoping that it could be set up like the homepage, where it fits the screen based on height as well. It sounds like it's not possible though?

Here is a proof of the page that we were hoping to put the full page slider on: http://bhnarch2.snoackstudios.com/the-flying-a-studio. It's currently using Slider Revolution, so it is working, but we just wanted it to match the other sliders a little more.
  • AirAir
    snoackstudios said: The top slider resizes based on width, but we were hoping that it could be set up like the homepage, where it fits the screen based on height as well. It sounds like it's not possible though?
    I will check what can be done, but only for next update, as we just released new version of theme.
    It would require some JavaScript calculation. I will try to make something reliable.

I will reply here when I will have some idea.

snoackstudios said: It's currently using Slider Revolution, so it is working, but we just wanted it to match the other sliders a little more.
    It still looks pretty close to "original" so great job! But I understand issue that you point here.

Thanks for all the details!

With kind regards.
  • Thank you for your help and looking into this!
  • AirAir
    I have added option to stretch slider in height in single work to fill available space(Edit Work -> Work Details-> Work media-> Stretch slider to be window high).

Update should be available tomorrow as I have to test if with upcoming WordPress 4.9 first.

With kind regards.
  • Thank you!