Before you ask please READ THIS

How to get vimeo links to play actual size not full window

Hey, I've customised an album from the 'Paris' template in Fat Moon to feature recent work. Its all Vimeo links and At the moment there is a full-page splash screen and the video plays fullscreen when clicked. Ideally I'd like the vimeo link to play in a pop out window or to at least be displayed as is but to actual resolution of 1080p?

I've tried the various options under 'fit images' but they dont seem to do anything for videos...

http://www.kineticmedia.co.nz/album/portfolio2017/

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Try enabling slider to hide under header, then video should take more space.

To do it: Edit album-> Album details -> Header -> Hide content under header-> Yes hide content.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks Air, followed your suggestion. It doesn't seem to be any different though. I'm not sure what you mean when you say video should take more space?
  • AirAir
    It doesn't look that you have changed this option, slider still is not going under header.
    By "under" I mean layer below.

Maybe you have some cache plugin?

kineticnz said: I'm not sure what you mean when you say video should take more space?
    Video is set so it will take available height in slider, while keeping its proportions.
    Currently your album is set this way that slider doesn't go under header, what is important if you want video to make take more space while keeping it proportions.

On Full HD screen it should be exactly as you want it then, however top of video will be hidden under header.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks, I think I understand what you mean. What I really want is to display the video 'correctly' because video is what we do and presentation is important to us. So I really don't want the header obscuring the top of the video and ideally I don't want the browser scaling the video to random sizes as this isnt the best way to view it. Does that make sense?

I guess I am ideally wanting the video to play at a maximum resolution of 1080p but to scale down on smaller devices.
  • AirAir
    To be honest I don't what I can do to please you with video displayed in our slider.

Currently it takes max possible area while keeping video proportions, and there is no place for improvement, if it shouldn't be clipped by any layout element.

If you get your browser to full screen(F11 key) you will see it will take space that is now took by browser tabs.

What I try to say - video in slider already do what you want :-)

You can try to show me on screen shot how you would like it to behave, however any more stretching of video would require it to be clipped from some side, and you don't want that :-)

With kind regards.
  • Thanks Air, I think you are saying that full screen embedded in the window is the default display and there is no way to change it? I was hoping there would be an option to have the video play in a pop-out window like this attachment. Doe that make sense? I dont want the videos to be 'scaled' I want them to play actual size. Hope that makes sense, maybe there is a different page option within the template that I haven't seen?
    Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 8.46.53 am.png
    2668 x 1992 - 5M
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

You can try in bricks mode like in this example:
    http://rifetheme.com/fatmoon-alexandria/album/gallery1/#lg=1&slide=0
    Click on first photo to open video

Next you can add such customization to make it larger:

Go to fatmoon/js/script.js line ~4219 and change:
    hideBarsDelay     : parseInt(G.lg_lightbox_hide_delay, 10)
    to
    hideBarsDelay     : parseInt(G.lg_lightbox_hide_delay, 10),
    videoMaxWidth     : '1720px'
    This should do it:-)

With kind regards.
  • Thanks Air, thats the idea. That rifetheme example is exactly what I'm after. I'm struggling with getting the fatmoon 'paris' albums to do the same. If I customise the 'uncover' album which uses stills as default when I add videos to the album they only play in their bricks and don't open in lightbox. Also dont seem to display any of the title options, the shift on hover doesnt work.

I see this instruction "Works only for images. If you switch theme option "Display thumbs instead of video", then for videos that you will upload image it will also work." but I have no idea where this option is located.
  • AirAir
    You almost found right option ;-)

It is located in Customizing ▸ Albums settings ▸Single album - bricks ▸Display thumbs instead of video

Hope now you will be able to do it :-)