Before you ask please READ THIS

Conflict concerning prettify.css (or else ?)

Hi !

I have a problem with my forum since the last theme update, some of my urls doesn't work properly. Debug tools talks about an error with a prettify.css file, but I am not sure it is this.

I activated an other theme to check, and it works fine. I also desactivated all plugins, but it seems it's rife theme that conflicts. Could you check this ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Sophie

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi there:-)

I don't see anything in change log that could cause this. However I would love to help investigate why you have this issue.

So can you share some links and situations were it happens, cause now it is pretty general info.

I would like to know what link on what page does not work for example.

With kind regards.
  • I send you the admin links by pm, cause it's a private website with membership.
  • AirAir
    OK, thanks.
    I will investigate this on Wednesday when I will be back in office.
  • AirAir
    Hey. Problem appears to be in modification that you have added to child theme that you use.

You can turn off Preloader option in Rife theme for debugging time.

This is the error:
    Call to a member function get_member() on null in /homepages/6/d637940218/htdocs/formation-blog-professionnel/wp-content/themes/rife-child-theme/wpforo/layouts/1/topic.php on line 17
    It may refer to plugin or feature that you have deactivated. Anyway this is not theme issue, but modification incompatibility.
    Probably if you remove modification from there it should be good.

With kind regards.
  • Thank you for watching.

I looked the php file, and nothing is weird at line 17. $member = $wpforo->member->get_member($topic['userid']);

Wpforo is the plugin of the forum.

Btw, I didn't change anything on php files, only css.

Also, with another theme it works fine, so doesn't it mean that it's a problem with the theme ?
  • Also, I don't know what means "You can turn off Preloader option in Rife theme for debugging time."
  • AirAir
    contentologue said: Also, I don't know what means "You can turn off Preloader option in Rife theme for debugging time."
    If you go to Customizing ▸ General settings ▸ Page preloader you can turn off preloader, and you will better see PHP errror, that is currently hidden cause your site crashed while loading.
    contentologue said: Also, with another theme it works fine, so doesn't it mean that it's a problem with the theme ?
    This code is not default code of theme, but code added by you, or someone else who works on your site.

I don't know if you were adding same code in other themes, however case is, that this is not our(theme) code

It looks like this are modifications for wpforo plugin. This PHP errors tells, that there is something wrong in that call.

I don't have any experience with this plugin.
    Best would be to ask wpforo staff, why you get this error, and show them more code that is responsible for that.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    To be clear:
    it work with other themes fine probably cause you don't have same modification there.

However if you have same code there, it would be good to check if there is any difference.

Hope we can solve it soon :-)

With kind regards.
  • Ok, now I activated rife theme (not child theme), and it works fine. I don't understand why there is a wpforo folder in child theme...Can I remove it ?
  • AirAir
    If you were not the one that added it there, then sure - remove it.

However maybe in the past you worked with wpforo staff and they put it there? Maybe it had some extra functionality for your forum? It would be good to find out who and why did put it there.

With kind regards.
  • Well, I had some troubles with wpfor at the beginning, but it has been solved with last versions. And I think this has been uploaded by a dev working on that previous trouble. So I will remove it, thanks !