Before you ask please READ THIS

Image is cut in lightbox - square image

in Rife Posts: 13
In Rife theme, design-17, i have Works in one pager frontpage. BUT when i click images , they are clipped, when my image is square, important content is cut, like heads... How to fix this and show square images in lightbox...
Seems like i cannot fix it in CSS - there is a inline style in the image... :
style="width: 1160px; height: 1577.6px; left: 0px; top: -462.3px; display: block;"

Comments

• AirAir
    Hi hemu!

Could you post link to your site, so I could see what is going on?

With kind regards.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 13
    http://xxx/#a13lightbox-work-10791
    and
    http://xxx/#a13lightbox-work-10659

Other thing is to see images in whole size in lightbox, now they are cutted in rectangular format.
    See Works > All, First image (Anze K... ) is cutted (head is hidden...), and on the page two, there are few photos where heads are cutted... it would be best to align images on the top.
    I hope there is some CSS i could add to fix this problem...
    Can you hide this post, i dont want the links visible in the forum ;) Thanks
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    I will remove links after we are done. Just remind me.

About your images in lightbox:

Please go to work where it happens and edit it.
    Next Work details -> Work Media -> Present media in: -> Slider
    Next scroll to option Fit images and set it to Fit always

With kind regards.
    Another question, in lightbox, how to get a title for each image, it's always showing one for all images, on the top. Can i add Title OR Subscription for each image, under the main title?
    Thanks for answer to previous question!!! Can i choose "Fit always" globally?
    AND remove links please!
    I wonder if i update theme, is everything saved now?
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

Before we will proceed. This lightbox, is not for presentation of photos, but for displaying details of work so it may not be solution that you are looking for. You probably would want something like this: http://rifetheme.com/fully/album/gallery4/
    However currently such album have to be added by separate page.
    hemu said: I wonder if i update theme, is everything saved now?
    You don't lose theme setting while updating:-) Everything is explained in docs http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#installation_update_update_theme

hemu said: Can i choose "Fit always" globally?
    In each work/album you choose this depending on photos that you used. So it can't, sorry.

With kind regards.
    My client likes that lightbox so it's not possible to move images out of "Works"...
    Can i modify the code with PHP, to get for example Image Title (from Media attachments) inserted on that.

• AirAir
    I understand.
    hemu said: Can i modify the code with PHP, to get for example Image Title (from Media attachments) inserted on that.
    Everything is possible, but this would be pretty big change, and you will have to work it out, plus JavaScript hooks to change title. Nightmare ;-)

I can advise one more solution, but I see there is a bug in latest version, and first you will have to make such change in code:
    rife\single-work-ajax.php line ~34 change:
    $show_desc = (int) ( get_post_meta( $id, '_enable_desc', true ) === 'on' );
    to
    $show_desc = get_post_meta( $id, '_enable_desc', true);

Then edit work and change Work details -> Work Media -> Show title and description of work items -> Enabled

This will show image titles on each image.

With kind regards.
    Yes, that helped! Thanks a lot!!!
    But one thing, in the WORKS frontpage, before you click any image, those thumbnails are also cutting heads off when i have vertical image... Can i tell it to do cutting on the top of the image instead of center of the image... You see the example thumbnail here...

???

example.jpg
    800 x 600 - 55K
  • AirAir
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,970
    hemu said: Can i tell it to do cutting on the top of the image instead of center of the image...
    You can't.

But you can select different image proportions in works list:
    Customizing ▸ Works settings▸ Works list ▸ Choose brick proportion

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on