Before you ask please READ THIS

error

in Rife Posts: 45
hi, hope you are well, i have been trying to get some seo sorted for my website however i am having all kind of problems, google cant index it etc. Now it has come up with this errors :

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-content/themes/rife-child-theme/functions.php:157) in /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-content/themes/rife-child-theme/functions.php:157) in /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-content/themes/rife-child-theme/functions.php:157) in /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216

can you please shed some light.

many thanks

Jorge

Comments

• I though the problem was because i was running version 1.5 so i updated the theme and things got worst, i cant even access the admin now, those errors show up and stop me login in. This is a live clients website so im in real trouble here.
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

I suppose your errors may be connected to some modifications or other plugins.

1. If you can't access admin ten log to FTP and in wp-content/themes/ try to rename rife main theme & child theme - add underscore in their name for example. This way you should be able to login to panel.
    2. Rename main theme back to "rife", and activate it.
    3. Check if it work right. If not then follow https://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/12/before-you-ask-read-this-#debug_issue
    4. If it works, then rename child theme back no normal, and activate it. If errors show up, then issue is probably in modifications.

Report back what you have found out.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,970
    OK, it is error in theme update that your site failed. I am so sorry. I will release update in few minutes.

To unlock your site go to
    rife\advance\plugins\plugins-list_rife.php and remove this file.
    Fix will come with 1.6.0.1

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • ok, this is what happens, i did as you said renamed both rife main and child theme through ftp, i was then able to log in and there were no errors, i then rename rife man theme back to normal and activate it, it also worked with out any problems, i then did the same with the child theme, the problems started again, as i was already login i could see this error on the top of screen:

Warning: header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-content/themes/rife-child-theme/functions.php:157) in /home/jvmdesig/public_html/studiostratford.co.uk/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1114

i have added the google analytics and google tag code to the child theme and followed the directions, im enclosing a file with the 3 files of the child theme, maybe yo ucan check what the problem is.
    rar
    rar
    child-files.rar
  • i have deleted that file but the problems remain !!
  • ok, i think i fixed that error has gone, it was a problem in the child theme functions file line 157 so i went to have a look but the code finishes at line 149 but had white space all the way to line 157 so i deleted the white space and the error disappeared. I wonder if i should put rife\advance\plugins\plugins-list_rife.php back ?
  • AirAir
    Don't worry about that file that I asked you to delete. Fixed version is added in version 1.6.0.1.

Thanks for help with this issue.

With kind regards.