Before you ask please READ THIS

Able to set photos in Scroller to links

Currently, using a Scroller on the homepage, clicking an image will open the image in the lightbox.

Is it possible to link to a photo gallery/album when clicking a Scroller image, instead of opening it in the lightbox.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello again!
    Adorbeman said: Is it possible to link to a photo gallery/album when clicking a Scroller image, instead of opening it in the lightbox.
    Yes, just edit details of photo and enter there desired link.
    More info here http://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/albums-works-post-types/album-media/

With kind regards.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 34
    Thank you! However, clicking the photo will open the link AND open the lightbox.
    Is there a way to disable the lightbox for the Front Page
    Post edited by Adorbeman on
  • AirAir
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hello again:-)

I have missed your edit as first answer was only "Thank you", so I closed your case, and after this you have edited it.

Anyway, I have just checked scroller and it doesn't open lightbox. Could you show me link to your scroller so I could check what is going on?

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 34
    Hi,

Thank you for the update!

I have set up my testing with Photoproof here: Evanchen.net/main/

When I select a photo that has a link (such as the wedding photo, see video), it will open the photo in a lightbox, and also continue to open the link at the same time.

Video: https://imgur.com/a/LzvWw
    Video 2: https://imgur.com/a/oQOiY

Windows, desktop, on Chrome (same on Firefox and IE)
    Mobile, Safari on iPhone X
    Post edited by Adorbeman on
  • AirAir
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hey there:-)

You don't have to make video for every issue. It is very helpful, but usually link to site shows issue enough :-)

Now I know what you mean. It is not lightbox, but just photo opens to full size, like normal in scroller. Indeed it would be great to correct this when photo have custom link.

Scroller is pretty new feature, and it probably wasn't used by one yet with connection to custom links, so no one noticed it before you & I didn't see this previously.

Anyway I will check how to fix it on Monday when I will be in office and reply here.

Have a good weekend!

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • Thank you!
  • AirAir
    OK, solution for this will be simple code change. This will also be added in upcoming update, but you can test it before.

Go to photoproof\js\script.js ~4190 and change:
    if(is_current_cell){
    	$(data.selectedElement).toggleClass('enlarge');
    	$scroller.flickity( 'reposition' );
    }
    to
    if(is_current_cell){
    	if( items[cellIndex].url === false ){
    		$(data.selectedElement).toggleClass('enlarge');
    		$scroller.flickity( 'reposition' );
    	}
    }
    With kind regards.
  • Hi,

Thank you! I will try out all the changes together with the next update, looking forward to it!