Before you ask please READ THIS

Sidebar position not working after renaming Portfolio Slug Name

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 16
Hello!

The 1.3 update is working fine so far. I'm just having a small issue.
When a rename my Portfolio Slug Name to anything other than 'portoflio', the Sidebar Position setting stop working.

Is there a quickfix for that? Gotta have it working asap.

Thanks!
Post edited by felipe on

Comments

Actually, not only Sidebar Position setting.
    All settings stop working. Should have assumed that, sorry.
  • AirAir
    Strange. None is related to the slug of portfolio.
    Don't you have any static pages with same slug as you set in portfolio?
    Please tell to what you set your portfolio slug. Also please provide some link to your project. If you can give even more insight please check PM but also please answer here(for other users).

With regards.

Checked your PM.
    I'm currently developing locally, so I can't sign you up there right now.

I set "app-list" as the Portfolio Slug Name. Everything seemed fine: I was able to create posts and they were correctly displayed on my front page. The only issue seems to be the one I pointed.

I didn't have any static pages at the time.
    Made a test here once again.

With Portfolio Slug Name set as 'portfolio', the settings are fully functional.
    As soon as I change it to anything else (I tried plenty of options), they stop working and make no changes to my "portfolio" posts.

Hope that helps!
    Oh, just to add.. Changing it back to 'portfolio' get things working again.
  • AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    Thanks for that, it seems there is still some hardcoded portfolio type. Now I will research once again. Damn this sucks. Sorry for problem.

With regards.

Edit:
    Found all hardcoded portofolio types. But none seem to be related to sidebar position(left, right, none) but to widgets and comments. You can PM me your e-mail so I will send you zip with theme As soon as I will end fixing.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Enlightenment!!
    Changing slug for portfolio has one thing hardcoded that can't be changed from panel. It is file that show custom posts of type portfolio, and that file is named 'single-portfolio.php'. That is why none other theme developers allow to change slug of custom post, it is just to close to CORE.
    Ok, so single-portfolio.php have to be changed to single-yourslug.php(there is one more way it could be automatic, but need lots of tests).

Thanks for good testing and all help.

This is why portfolio sidebar changed sides.
  • AirAir
    Hey.
    If you still have patience and nerves please try Airlock 1.4. It is way better. I have tested it across all reported issues. There is no need to rename any files on slug change, and you can even change it(slug for portfolio) as often as you like(but who would do that) without loosing your entered post in portfolio type. One thing is that if you entered your posts in Airlock 1.3(or less) as other slug then 'portfolio' you will have to change that in database manualy back to 'portfolio' so your posts will be visible. .
    How it works now? In previous version we were changing whole post type(from portfolio to hotels for example), what was causing lot of problems. Now we are only changing slug for portfolio post type, not whole type.

With regards.
    Thank you very much!
    I'll take a look at it right now.

Bets regards.
    Apollo,

A few issues, I guess.

I now can set a new slug for the portfolio, but my URL still points to http://127.0.0.1/?portfolio=some-post. The 'portfolio' on the URL isn't changing, is that how it is supposed to be?

I was thinking I would be able to have it like http://127.0.0.1/?apps=some-post.
    I figured out how to set it manually on apollo13.php, but that's not very flexible and I don't know if that affects something else. Does it? If it doesn't, I don't mind setting define('PORTFOLIO_POST_TYPE', 'portfolio');. No problem!

Everything else is working great so far.

Thanks!
  • AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    If you don't use nice addressed you won't see slug :-) Here you see post type, but if you change in Permalinks to second option, you will see slugs. Changing only PORTFOLIO_POST_TYPE will lead you to other changes, and who knows what could came out ;-) Use nice addresses. if you got 404 error after changes, switch and save some option in Arilock settings. It will flush WP cache for rewriting.

Hope that helps :-)
    Post edited by Air on
    I also noticed a small problem with the alignment of the icon during the hover state of a project without a set image. I attached an image.
    alignment.png
    293 x 191 - 5K
  • AirAir
    Did yo copied styles from 1.4 version? Can you show me link to live example. I don't even know is it in sidebar or normal :-)

That's from a clean install. I fully dropped my old database and then installed Airlock 1.4.

It's an item of the Featured Projects sidebar. When I have an image set for that project, the theme also displays the other icon (a magnifing glass), but when there isn't, I see that alignment problem.

Any ideas?

As I said, I'm running it locally so it's not really online right now.
    A better screenshot as attachment, hope it helps.
    Untitled-2.png
    693 x 902 - 31K
  • AirAir
    Yes, I forgot you work localy.
    Thanks, I found it. Will fix it in next version.
    Thanks! Is it simple?
    Can I fix it provisionally until you release the next version?
  • AirAir
    Finally it comes to change this line 1389 in style-light:

.widget-container .alpha-scope-double-icon a,
    .widget-container .alpha-scope-single-icon a{
    margin-top: -24px;
    top: 50%;
    }

to

.widget-container .alpha-scope-double-icon a{
    margin-top: -24px;
    top: 50%;
    }