Before you ask please READ THIS

Photoalbum vacation

Hello,
we would like to implement the following with this theme:
In the menu there should be a point "album". Different images should appear (years, cities, hikes, specials, states - like album-with-filter). These should function as a menu. For example, by clicking on the menu image "years" you will see more menu images with 1999,2000,2001,.... Again with a click on the menu picture 1999 all pictures appear which were made in the year 1999. Can you give us a solution for this?

Since the website contains a lot of pictures and, in our case, should be displayed in different categories (years, cities,...) a simple implementation would be advantageous. Is there a way to upload the images and then save them in different categories so that the images will appear on the different pages? For example, we made a picture in Florida, which is supposed to appear on the page "states" and on the page "2005".

We look forward to your feedback.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello utahfan :-)

I think more visual (screen shots) description would tell me more what you need, however I would try to address it.

So in Main menu you want to have position "Album(s)"?
    After Clicking it you want to show some images that will lead to different categories.

I would create special album for that and add custom link to each photo in that album. This album will be linked in menu as "Album(s)".
    This is all easily possible from theme options. See how to edit album items(photos) http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/content-management/albums-works-post-types/album-media/ and look for Link option.

If you want, then you can repeat it, and in album "Years" add again photos that will represent each Year, and again each photo will lead to final album this time.
    For example to Album named "1999" where you will upload/select all your photos from that year.

utahfan said: Since the website contains a lot of pictures and, in our case, should be displayed in different categories (years, cities,...) a simple implementation would be advantageous. Is there a way to upload the images and then save them in different categories so that the images will appear on the different pages? For example, we made a picture in Florida, which is supposed to appear on the page "states" and on the page "2005".
    If you have already images uploaded on your WordPress then now, when you will be creating album for year "2005", you can just select those photos to be used in this album http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/content-management/albums-works-post-types/album-media/
    Same thing you can then do for "Florida" album, and of course you can use same photos that were used in "2005".

Tell me what you think.

With kind regards.
    Hi, thanks for your help. You are on the correct way.
    Click on ALBUM in menu there are pics named YEARS, STATES, HIKES, SPECIALS for example.
    Click on YEARS there are pics named 1999, 2000, 2015, 2016 and so on.
    Click on pic 1999 then there is the album with all pics of 1999 and I can slide through.

Can we realize that and how?

I've attached some screenshots.
    Pic1.jpg
    842 x 389 - 52K
    Pic2.jpg
    842 x 389 - 49K
    Pic 3.jpg
    1578 x 739 - 191K
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)
    I am glad I understood your idea after first post:-)

Yes, you can make it as I explained in previous post. If you have any detailed question about particular things please let me know, cause I understand not everything could be grasped instantly :-)

However begin with creating all needed albums as example, before you will replicate behavior to rest of your content:
    -Album "categories" with items: Years, states, hikes, specials.
    -Album "Years" with items being all the years
    -Album "2012" with all photos from that year.

Next follow instructions from previous post to link them together.

With kind regards.
    OK. Thanks. I think i've understood. But what is the difference between albums and categories. For what do I need categories? I can make an album named "Cities" and I can make a categorie named "Cities"??
  • AirAir
    Categories would be better choice in this scenario, BUT there is just no way in WordPress to add images to represent categories in a way you would like.

So lets say you want to create you main categories: years, Cities, Specials. You can not list those categories with corresponding image to it, as there in such thing as "category image".

However you can still create those categories, and assign your albums to them. However you will have to use some album to represent them with pictures(if that is what you need, cause now I am not sure;-) ).

We are planing to introduce our own solutions to adding images for categories, but we are not there yet :-)

With kind regards.