Before you ask please READ THIS

After developement the config is gone

edited March 2018 in FatMoon Posts: 21
Hi guys,

followingsituation: I developed the new design of my page in a special area auf my webpage. Now I'm finished and I wanted to move is to the live area. I did the following steps:
- moving the whole wordpress folder to his new place
- changed in the database all links to the new adress

The result was - disappointing. All my configuration (based on "New Brooklyn") was gone, Fatmoon-Logo in the top, design was complete different.

Until now I thought, that everything would be stored in the database. But it seemed not to be.

Has anybody else problems like mine?

Kind regards
Christian
Post edited by Chris_R on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Christian:-)

Settings are stored in database. However CSS will have to be recreated if it wasn't copied.
    Go to fatmoon/user/ and delete user.css file if it is there.

If this will not help I have different idea.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

I deleted the user.css and it rebuilds. But no change.

Kind regards
    Christian
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 21
    Hi Air,

I've created everything new so far as possible. But the Customizer didn't work overall as expected. The following things I can't configure:
    - Blogsettings/Single Post: Header color variant. When I try to change it the "Publish" button stays inactive. When I try to change another option the button wol be active. When I change another option and "Header color variant" in addition only the other option will be changed.
    - Header settings/variant light and dark: changing the logo same procedure as above. Same with social icons. Same with menu colors. No chance to change.

Before I forgot: I'm not able to activate the footer. I enabled it in the customizer and it says its ok, but the footer is not shown as in my developement environment.

Kind regards
    Christian
    Post edited by Chris_R on
  • AirAir
    Hey there:-)

Try switching options that you want to change few times back and forth before saving. Does it reactivate then?

I know there is this bug in Redux Framework plugin where options get stuck in customizer sometimes. In version 1.7 we will remove theme dependency on Redux, so it will never happen again then :-) In next week I will probably be ready finally with new update.

Other option of exporting settings between sites is described here https://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/20824/#Comment_20824
    It will work only in version before 1.7, so it will work for you :-)
    Chris_R said: When I change another option and "Header color variant" in addition only the other option will be changed.
    I believe you mean this http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/getting-started/known-bugs/changes-disappear-while-in-customizer/
    It will also be fixed in 1.7.

Hope all these will help you.

With kind regards.

Hi Air,

yes, it seems that it worked. :-)

Have to test it tomorrow in deep but at a first step it looks good :-)

Thanks!

Kind regards
    Christian
    Hi everybody,

statusupdate after a deeper check. In my developement environment I have the same problems too but not in the same way. In dev enviroment I'm able to set more options than in live env. The most important options I'm able to configure so I decided getting live with Fatmoon.
    Looking forward to the update :-)

Kind regards
    Christian