Before you ask please READ THIS

Post Masonry Grid Template edit

in FatMoon Posts: 39
Hello,

I'm looking to add the post masonry gird to my homepage with the latest blog posts. I really like the "Fatmoon Post" template that you've created and would like to use it but I would like for it to only have the image, date, category and blog title. How can I remove the post body copy from this template.

Thanks,
Xeno

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Xeno:-)

There is no option for that, except using Custom CSS. However I have just tested, that if I switch "Grid element template" to "Fatmoon Album" then you can have single image with title.
    However I am not sure this is what you would like.

Could you send me link to site where you have it so I could prepare custom CSS?

Other option is to edit function vc_gitem_template_attribute_a13_post_body located in fatmoon\advance\vc-extend.php

If you use child theme, then you can copy this file to child theme(but be sure to do place it in same directory as in main theme) and edit there.

With kind regards.
    Hey,

Here is the link to the site - https://xenophonstrategies.com/

I think adding css would be ideal but if it's not doable I can go in and edit the function.

Thanks,
    Xeno
  • AirAir
    Hey Xeno!

Please try this custom CSS:
    .post_theme_options .real-content p {
        display: none;
    }
    With kind regards.
    Hey Air,

That worked(: Thank you!

Best,
    Xeno
    Hi Air,

To add on to this thread - I'm trying to use this same grid on a different page and it will not load. Are you able to use the same grid on multiple pages?

Thanks,
    Xeno
  • AirAir
    Hi Xeno:-)

Yes, it should work fine. Maybe there is some JavaScript error. Can you send me link to that other page?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

Here is link to a page to which I would like to have the grid - https://xenophonstrategies.com/services/crisis-communication/

As you can see, it's loading indefinitely. I also wan't to mention that I would like to use this same post grid style on a number of other pages (to keep it consistent throughout the site). Will that be an issue moving forward?

Thanks,
    Xeno
  • AirAir
    Hey Xeno:-)
    Xenopr said: I also wan't to mention that I would like to use this same post grid style on a number of other pages (to keep it consistent throughout the site). Will that be an issue moving forward?
    No there shouldn't be any problems. This is exactly like it should be done :-)

Now about your mistake I see 2 issues on this page:
    -AJAX request for grid results in error 500 which mean that server crashed while asking for post grid. Check your PHP error log to see what is going on. If you don't know where to look for it then you can ask hosting provider of yours. If you will face problem with this I will take a look.

-https://xenophonstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/LogoBK_2_Retinia_181x42.png produces error 404. Locate where you are using this and fix it.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

So I've reached out to me my hosting provider and they did this - https://uk.godaddy.com/help/enable-debug-errors-in-wordpress-24013 and the post grid is still not loading. They mentioned that they cannot see the grid loading at all and suggested doing some isolation to try to resolve the issue. I'm not sure how to resolve this myself.

Also, to your comment on the logo, I uploaded all the logos normally under the Appearance > Customize > Header settings > Logo. For some reason, the logo doesn't load on some of the pages, like the one you linked on here. That LogoBK_2_Retinia_181x42.png file is not even in my Media Library. Where can I replace this?

Best,
    Xeno
  • AirAir
    Xenopr said: So I've reached out to me my hosting provider and they did this - https://uk.godaddy.com/help/enable-debug-errors-in-wordpress-24013 and the post grid is still not loading.
    OK, so now in log that is in that file /wp-content/debug.log we should see what is going on. I understand they left you to check it by yourself ? :-)

I can help you with this. Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Xenopr said: That LogoBK_2_Retinia_181x42.png file is not even in my Media Library. Where can I replace this?
    Go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Variant dark – overwrites
    and Remove Logo images from there, as this is set there and this file is missing.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

Thank you for looking into this. I have left you a message with the temporary login information. I will remove the logo from that location.

Thanks,
    Xeno
    Air,

I just went to Variant dark - overwrites and there are no logos there at all. I only have logos on Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Logo