Before you ask please READ THIS

Oswald and Oswald Light Font Problem

edited November 2012 in Skyfashion Posts: 48
Oswald and Oswald Light recently stopped loading right so I've set it to Merriweather for the time being. Any ideas why the font would suddenly stop loading correctly like that? Thanks
Post edited by robbynash on

Comments

• I will test it on our server but it may be Google side problem.

I will let you know.

Best,
    Miłosz
  • I was thinking it's a Google problem. Let me know what you find on your server. Thanks
  • Hi,
    What exactly is the problem?
    On my server is looking like this:
    wp.robocode.pl
  • That's what it looks like for me too, but that's not the font. It happened about three days ago. I'm using Skyfashion on two of my websites and it happened on both of them at the same time. Oswald and Oswald light are now the same font and neither one of them is right. This new font is a much bolder, more distorted version of the old font.
  • This first one is Oswald Light before the change, the second one is Oswald Light after the change.
    home screen.png
    1366 x 768 - 1M
    screenshot.png
    1366 x 768 - 1M
  • Now I see, we have this problem before on Chrome, but that is Google side problem. That is why we add using normal font option.
  • I have the font on my computer but I'm unsure of how to install it for use in the theme. There isn't information in the documentation, can you give me some suggestions? Thanks
  • Hi,
    you mean Google fonts downloaded localy?

• I have the Oswald Light font downloaded locally. I don't know that it's a 'Google font' necessarily, but it's a font that I use regularly in other stuff. I just don't know how to use the custom font options within the theme.
  • Hi,
    many users use @font-face and it is working with our template.

http://www.css3.info/preview/web-fonts-with-font-face/
  • I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip