Before you ask please READ THIS

Decode Template - Album instead of Work structure, Child Theme

in Rife Posts: 20
Hi,

I run into a structural question I wanted to check before moving further down the line in case if I need to consider changing the theme.

I am currently using the Decode Template and noticed instead of the Work structure on the Portfolio Page I will need to have Albums since I have a large portfolio (over 400 pieces) and is growing daily.

If I would like to have Albums instead of Work can I consider the Decode template being ok to use and if yes, do I need to consider a Child Theme at this stage?

I also have coaching services I would like to present separately as a work and a shop to sell. I am starting to wonder if it is feasible with Decode.

Many thanks for your help in advance and thank you for all your help so far!

Best,
Linda

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Linda :-)

Decode is just a Design showing some possibilities of Rife theme, so don't worry - you can use everything you need that is available in Rife theme.

As for shop you already know it you can use our Theme with WooCommerce.

LindaHo said: If I would like to have Albums instead of Work can I consider the Decode template being ok to use and if yes, do I need to consider a Child Theme at this stage?
    I am not sure for what you want to use child theme in this scenario. If you don't do changes in theme code, you don't need it :-)

However I am more interested why you prefer Works over Albums?
    Works have option to add richer content beside photos, while Albums are more focused on presenting images.

You said you have 400 pieces, but do you want to create 400 albums/works or album with 400 photos? If later then I would advice to divide it to several albums better, so your items would be reachable for people :-)

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

Thank you very much for your quick answers, explanations and question.

I understand now. The Decode theme within Rife is just showing some functionality of Rife and I can expand it beyond the template without touching any codes through Elementor for example. Which explains why I do not need a Child theme for this.

Yes, the shop is clear.

I have 400+ paintings around different topics and I thought to create smaller places where I showcase my art by topics. Now I see it can be potentially done within Work instead of Album and I can add more text to the concept of the topics in Work, just I might want to tweak a bit the structure with Elementor so that the pictures get more space and attention compared to how they are listed now in the Decode theme.

I think I will just need to test what content I can add and how to the Work with Elementor.
    Thank you for your Album suggestion too.

Thank you very much!
    Best,
    Linda