Before you ask please READ THIS

Featured images not shown in header

in FatMoon Posts: 21
Hi guys,

I have a problem with featured images in existing blog posts. in the post list the images are shown, everything is fine. But whem opening a blog post the featured images is not shown in the header.

There is a workaround: in the WP backend I open the blog post and click on "Preview changes". Now the images is shown in the header. And it is shown regulary when I open the post from the frontend. O haven't to save the blogpost. Only clicking on "Preview changes" will fix it. I think it is a small initialisation problem. If possible I won't open all older blog posts and doing "Preview changes" for any post manually.

Have you an idea?

Kind regards
Christian

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Chris :-)

Such behavior is typical for caching plugins, however I am just guessing. If you could send me link to typical "broken" post I maybe will know more:-)

Anyway If you have some sort of cache, be sure to clear it.

With kind regards.
    Hey Air,

here it is:

https://entwicklung.rohweder.org/crpix/2017/06/14/workflow-fuer-instagram/

It's my developement site which I have updates with the latest Fatmoon version.

Kind regards
    Christian
  • AirAir
    Hey Chris:-)

Yes, I see your problem. I wonder if maybe theme plugin, that you used for creating these posts wasn't making something fancy to featured image, that it has to be refreshed now.

I don't know any method to refresh all posts automatically. I am afraid you will just have to visit each post in that case.

Other way, I would have to get your site code and debug there why there is this glitch.

Do you have any cache plugin installed there?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

actually I have no cache plugin active and installed. I had Hypercache for a while but I didn't use it since a year or so.

I'll start to edit the posts on my live site later this day. I will not do this for my developement site. If it would be interessting to you I would create a backup of the developement site for you.

Kind regards
    Christian
  • AirAir

Sure I can take a quick look at your development installation.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Hey Air,

you have a PN ;-)

Kind regards
    Christian
  • AirAir
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,970

As you didn't create your site from start with FatMoon, then some options are not saved until you visit post and do something that triggers saving. This was the case for this issue.

Fix for this will come in next update, but change is pretty simple and I have applied it on your development server, and you can add it on your production site as well.

Go to fatmoon\advance\utilities\layout-parts.php line ~1010 and change:
    elseif($title_bar_option === 'global' && has_post_thumbnail()){

to
    elseif(($title_bar_option === 'global' || $title_bar_option === '') && has_post_thumbnail()){
    Thanks for your help!

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi Air :-)

did it in my production site and it works! :-)

Thank you for your incredible support!

Love the theme and your support :-)

Have a nice day and kind regards
    Christian
  • AirAir
    Great to hear! Have a great day also!