Before you ask please READ THIS

Trouble with Font Awesome

Hi,

I use a plugin (EventOn) that comes along with Font Awesome icons. For whatever reason, some icons of that plugin don’t show up, but turn into squares. Changing themes let’s the icons show up correctly. I tried it with the only Font Awesome related option I found on BeachPlease ("Appearance" -> "Menu icons"), but that doesn’t change anything. As it’s theme related, the plugin authors told me to ask you… Sorry about that.

Do you know about any Font Awesome related issues?

Is the integrated Font Awesome always up-to-date (these days = version 5.0.9) or will I have to update code or add code to use the newest icons?

(I can’t send you a live link right now as I restricted the issue to the admin’s view. I can offer you backend access through PM though.)

Thanks in advance and have a beautiful weekend.
Screenshot 2018-05-03 19_28_57.jpg
1661 x 912 - 682K

Comments

The error seems to come from this:

/wp-content/themes/beach_apollo/js/jackbox/php/graphics.php?jackbox_path=../img/graphics/ 403 ()
  • AirAir
    Hey there:-)

You have found proper option "Appearance" -> "Menu icons" as it disables embedding of old font-awesome. I don't know what else could be interfering with your plugin.

Do you have any cache plugin that should be refreshed after changing above option?

With kind regards.
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    Yes, I use W3 Total Cache, but purged all caches (also Chrome’s cache) several times. I also waited a day after purging. No success.
  • AirAir
    I can take a look at your site, and check if I will find anything.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

I have been on your page and it doesn't look like connected to theme.

There are 2 definitions of font awesome that overwrite each other. One from EventOn and other from somewhere else, but it is not from theme.

You will have to investigate your plugins, or theme modifications to see which one is embedding "https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.0.10/css/all.css", as it is overwriting your EventOn icons.

With kind regards.