Before you ask please READ THIS

Creating Separate Album Lists

in FatMoon Posts: 22
Does anyone know how to create separate album lists as menu options? I currently have 6 photo albums - 3 are color and 3 are bw. I am trying to create a color tab and a bw tab in the menu that link to pages which have color albums and bw albums, respectively. I have the albums listed in the album categories as being under color and bw (see screenshot 1), but the albums list template doesn't let me just pull from one category - it always pulls in all albums (see screenshot 2). Is there a way, without creating three separate images with links in each album list to just automatically display the three albums using the template? Or is there another option under pages or somethign where I can do this?

Thanks!

Album categories.JPG
734 x 383 - 28K
screenshot.JPG
1264 x 963 - 70K

Comments

Just found the answer by accident via another post. Please disregard this post and great job creating a workaround for WP limitations with multiple album lists. Thanks!
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Great you have solved this by yourself. I love such clients ;-)
    Just in case, we describe it in documentation here http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/content-management/albums-works-post-types/adding-multiple-albums-list-and-album-categories/

With kind regards.
    Related follow up question - is it possible to edit how album categories are formatted or does this have to be done via CSS? I'd like to adjust the font/color/position of each album title and add a margin between each brick.
  • AirAir
    I think some things may be available from theme settings, but I would like to ask you for screenshot that will make more clear what you want to change. Link to live site would also be an awesome bonus ;-)

With kind regards.
    Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the delayed answer - I was traveling and didn't have access to a good internet connection over the weekend. The site isn't live but screenshot attached. Basically, the workaround to create categories which automatically group like albums is great, but there doesn't seem to be any customization for the category "albums." I'd like to edit them so there is a border/padding around the images and change the font/color. Is this possible?
    Album Category pages.JPG
    1275 x 492 - 99K
  • AirAir
    Hey there:-)

I don't see on your screenshot anything marked that would make a situation more clear ;-)
    Currently, it is hard to say if this Albums list page(as a topic title suggest) or a single album, and they have separate settings.

There are some settings in Albums http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/albums-settings/ and you should try them first.

After you will check what you are missing I will help you with Custom CSS if possible.

With kind regards.
    Sorry, it's a little hard to explain, I guess. They are album lists, not albums. I'm using the theme's workaround to have separate and different album list links (one for color albums and one for black and white albums). I can edit some of the layout in the album list settings (for example, adding a margin to the sides of the bricks), but I'm hoping to edit the type, size and color of the font in the title overlay (on hover) and also add padding to the top of the bricks so they aren't bumped up directly against the menu itself. Does that make more sense?
    If it helps, here are a few screenshots. The menu items "color" and "black and white" are album categories (lists) that are directly placed in the menu, and are parents to the albums within each (screenshots attached showing the view when you click on the album category links).
    Want padding on top of albums between albums and menu and want to change font of album title hover overlay.JPG
    1166 x 494 - 79K
    Album category menu item.JPG
    311 x 254 - 13K
  • AirAir
    mattnach said: type, size and color of the font in the title overlay (on hover) and also add padding to the top of the bricks so they aren't bumped up directly against the menu itself. Does that make more sense?
    Sure, I will try to help :-)

Try this custom CSS:
    .object-item h2 {
        color: #fff;
        font-size: 26px;
    }
    As for font family(type) it is the same font as you choose for titles in Fonts settings:
    https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/general-settings/fonts-settings/

For top space try this custom CSS:
    .albums-bricks {
        padding-top: 20px;
    }
    Hope that helps:-)

With kind regards.
    That worked for the categories. Thanks! I see it didn't work for individual albums. Is there a slight modification I can do to add padding between the header/menu and the first photos in an album?
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)
    mattnach said: Is there a slight modification I can do to add padding between the header/menu and the first photos in an album?
    I gave you answer for this:
    Air said: For top space try this custom CSS:
    .albums-bricks {
    }
    If you tried it and it didn't work, please send me a link to the site where all this happens? I will investigate there.

With kind regards.
    That worked for album categories and lists (thanks!) but it did not affect individual albums. Is there a different name for a single album than "albums?"
  • AirAir
    Please send me a link to the site where all this happens? I will investigate there.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Now I understand! Sorry for delay:-)

To add top space in single album please use this custom CSS
    .single-album .bricks-frame {
    }
    With kind regards.
    That worked. Thanks!