Before you ask please READ THIS

Adding a 'Coming Soon' label to products

in FatMoon Posts: 4
Hi there,
I am looking to add a new label to my product. At the moment I can use the tag 'new' on the product tags, and it will add a NEW label to the product image in the shop (see attached image - upper left hand corner). I'd like to do the same but have it say Coming Soon. Can you please tell me where I am looking to find the code for this?

My site is at https://grimride.com
I am running Fatmoon theme on Wordpress 4.9.6

jason.
GRIMRIDE_NEW.jpg
385 x 385 - 54K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Code for our "new" tag is in fatmoon\advance\utilities\woocommerce.php line ~351:
    //new
                if(apollo13framework_is_product_new()){
                    $html .= '<span class="ribbon new"><em>'.esc_html__( 'New', 'fatmoon' ).'</em></span>';
                }
    You can add your own tag by copying this code below existing one. You could change it like this:
                //coming soon
    	        global $product;
                if(is_object_in_term( apollo13framework_wc_get_product_id($product), 'product_tag', 'coming-soon' )){
                    $html .= '<span class="ribbon coming-soon"><em>'.esc_html__( 'Coming soon', 'fatmoon' ).'</em></span>';
                }
    And now you can add coming-soon tag to your product.

After you make it work, best would be to make overwrite of this function apollo13framework_wc_single_product_labels() in child theme https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/modifications-of-theme/changing-theme-functions/

With kind regards.
    Thanks for this I have located the code, and updated the woocommerce.php file as above. Its returning the following error:
    Your PHP code changes were rolled back due to an error on line 357 of file wp-content/themes/fatmoon/advance/utilities/woocommerce.php. Please fix and try saving again.

Call to undefined function apollo13framework_wc_get_product_id()
  • AirAir
    This function is defined in 274 line in the same file. Please show me the code(it can be screenshot) that you have now. I suspect you have added code outside of function body.

With kind regards.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4
    Thanks Air.
    I got it working, by adding the following code at line 274:
    if(!function_exists('apollo13framework_is_product_coming')){
    	/**
    	 * is current product coming soon
    	 * @return bool
    	 */
    	function apollo13framework_is_product_coming() {
            global $product;
            return is_object_in_term( $product->id, 'product_tag', 'coming-soon' );
        }
    }
    Then adding the following code at 366:
                }
    			if(apollo13framework_is_product_coming()){
                    $html .= '<span class="ribbon coming-soon"><em>'.esc_html__( 'Coming Soon', 'apollo13-framework' ).'</em></span>';
                }
    This was how I had placed the code you gave me - which wasn't working:
    if(!function_exists( 'apollo13framework_wc_single_product_labels' )){
    	/**
    	 * add labels above to single product
    	 */
    	function apollo13framework_wc_single_product_labels() {
            global $product;

$html = '';

//labels
            //out of stock
            if(!$product->is_in_stock()){
                $html .= '<span class="ribbon out-of-stock"><em>'.esc_html__( 'Out of stock', 'woocommerce' ).'</em></span>';
            }
            else{
                //sale
                if($product->is_on_sale()){
                    $html .= '<span class="ribbon sale"><em>'.esc_html__( 'Sale', 'apollo13-framework' ).'</em></span>';
                }
                //new
                if(apollo13framework_is_product_new()){
                    $html .= '<span class="ribbon new"><em>'.esc_html__( 'New', 'apollo13-framework' ).'</em></span>';
                }
    			//coming soon
    	        global $product;
                if(is_object_in_term(apollo13framework_wc_get_product_id($product), 'product_tag', 'coming-soon' )){
                    $html .= '<span class="ribbon coming-soon"><em>'.esc_html__( 'Coming soon', 'apollo13framework' ).'</em></span>';
                }
            }

if(strlen($html)){
    			echo '<div class="product-labels">'.$html.'</div>';
    		}
        }
    }
    add_action( 'woocommerce_before_shop_loop_item_title', 'apollo13framework_wc_single_product_labels', 11);
    Thanks for your help.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    You did in the best way possible! Strange that it wasn't working before, but glad we have found solution together :-)

WIth kind regards.