Before you ask please READ THIS

Meta Author

in Rife Posts: 6
Hi,

I'd like to remove the meta author for certain pages and create a function for that in my child theme's function.php. It's useful especially for the home page as most of the time the author of the page is the admin and that gives a clue about the site admin username.

Could you please provide guidances on where to find the meta author for pages only. (it's perfectly fine displaying the author name on posts)

Regards.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Could you show me an example(link) where you see author displayed for Page? Cause I don't remember adding this? Is it in search results?

I will remove it from search results cause it was not intended to display there. It will be added in next update.

With kind regards.

Hi,
    Thanks for your quick reply. Please find a screenshot below.
    I've hidden parts of the image as the website is under development.

What you see here is the card of the website when shared in Discord. As you can see "admin" is considered the author of the homepage which is true but not really fine to be displayed.

All other pages won't display the author's name, the only place where it stays is the homepage.

As said before, it's completely fine to see the author name on posts but I would like to find a way to hide it for homepage.

Regards.
    Capture.PNG
    734 x 560 - 239K
  • AirAir
    Thanks for clarifying! This will be probably achievable with some plugin https://en.wordpress.org/plugins/search/author+meta+tag+/

I don't have anything to recommend, but you should be able to find something.

With kind regards.
    Hey,
    Thanks for your answer.
    Unfortunately those kind of plugins would only hide the author on the css side and authors will be hidden from posts.
    What we have here is somehow related to social sharing links and that's why I was wondering which class, plugins like yoast, would identify as the homepage author on your theme.
    Regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

This for sure not come from the theme. It has to be either WordPress or plugin like Yoast.
    On our site Yoast add such meta tag for example <meta name="twitter:creator" content="@apollo13themes" />
    I expect you have to have something similar. If you use Yoast it would be good to ask them on their support forum.

With kind regards.