Before you ask please READ THIS

Page hickup/re-loading during initial load

in Rife Posts: 17
Hi,

I have build the website www.matus-burritos.de based on the Rife theme.

Everything is working well. However, during the initial loading phase my page seems to have a hickup. It starts loading, then stops for second and reloads again until the full page is visible. It just takes an additional second, however, it gets quite annoying as it is doing so for every subdomain that is visited like www.matus-burritos.de/danke.

Do you have any idea what might trigger the reload?

Thanks a lot for your feedback in advance,

Thomas

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

I think you mean "style jump" - you see the unstyled page, and then stylesheet loads and restyles whole site. It is caused by autoptimize plugin, or rather, that it has combined all CSS files into 1 that is very big and is loaded after page load.

I would recommend disabling optimization for CSS, and it will look much better again.

With kind regards.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17
    Hi Air,

thanks for hinting me into the right direction. I figured out it's a "java jump". It's loading fine now. Though I'm loosing some Pingdom and Google performance (ie. -5 on Pingdom from B to C) but I guess I should be fine this way.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Post edited by KleinesPony on
  • AirAir
    Glad I could help. If you need you can still combine your CSS files, but exclude style.css & user.css files. This way you should get best from both worlds.

With kind regards.