Before you ask please READ THIS

License code invalid

in FatMoon Posts: 2
I have the theme installed but now the auto updates don't work and when I click the button to validate the license code it says its invalid. Appreciate your help. Thanks, Emma.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Emma:-)

Thanks for extending your support, now we can work together easily.

Have you made any changes recently, that would be worth noting? New plugins, new server, editing theme files?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

No nothing has changed. I can’t be certain it ever was working as last time I had this problem it was still showing as not validating.
  • AirAir
    OK. So let's try to dig it once again why it happens on your server only(at least I know only about your case).

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    Hey Emma :-)

I didn't have any problems while registering license code. It returned message that it is valid.

However, I have tried to update theme using Envato Market plugin and it returned error "
    Update Failed: Download failed. Forbidden".

I have searched numerous topics about this, and it seems it is the server issue. Either Envato plugin is blocking your server, or your server is blocking downloads from Envato.

Best would be to contact Envato about this, and maybe they will shed some light about this.

In my personal opinion if you are facing both these issues connected to Envato API then it could be something with the firewall or other protection on your server. However, like I have said, I didn't have any problem with license registering today.

However, to not waste your time I would advise doing a manual update. It works exactly the same as automatic - it deletes the theme and uploads new version. No content or settings are lost. See this https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/updating-theme/manual-theme-update/

With kind regards.