Before you ask please READ THIS

Rife Pro Rebro theme

in Rife Posts: 43
I installed the Rifle Pro and Rebro template on an empty WP site. And in the demo the footer sticks properly to the bottom. In WP after the import there is a big white gap either above if we set it to reveal then it sticks but the gap is above, if not the gap is after the footer.

The site is hosted on sitegroung.

Well actually i just noticed that the problem is deeper. All the pages have problems.

http://codemoa.team

you can see things there just navigate through the pages

I am in crisis need to set up Wordpress with this theme properly and build the whole site in just a week. Right now I think I have exhausted all the things i could find...

Your help is much needed.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey there:-)

This is created by something from WPML. Looks like language switcher of some sort.
    I see it has margin and other stuff :-)

Add such custom CSS to hide it for good:
    .wpml-ls-legacy-list-vertical{
        display: none !important;
    }
    You can ask WPML staff what is it for, cause I am not sure, but it names suggests it is "legacy" thing :-)

With kind regards.
    It seems to only fix it on the main page.

But check this page https://codemoa.team/about-us-2

it's all messed up

and the other about-us too.
    It was there footer language switcher option. But even when i remove all there switchers, still things remain messed up.
  • AirAir
    OK, so these are other issues, not connected to WPML.

Seems like something has switched off Stretching of rows in Elementor. From the source code, I can tell you have many plugins installed.

Could you try to switch off other plugins(Beside Elementor) and check if it will fix?

If there is no issue without other plugins, then activate one plugin after another until you will see the issue again. Then we will find who is affecting this.

Let me know how it went.

With kind regards.

I removed or rather deactivated all the plugins. left only the basic wpml and elementor and still the same, removed wpml and still the same...
  • AirAir
    OK. Let me take a look then.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Even when i totally remove woocommerce... (which is getting silly)....
  • AirAir
    It is not silly :-) What we debug now, is beyond theme, and it is some 3rd party conflict, so everything can have an effect.

We will find out who is conflicting, that it gives such an effect. We always do find it finally :-)

So don't worry and don't let it get your mood affected.

With kind regards.
    Oh thanks you are an angel! By silly i really meant that without woocommerce the commerce site with a woocommerce template sounds silly. But you will see i deactivated litterally everything... At least I think....
  • AirAir
    O man, I am such a dummy sometimes. It was no 3rd party conflict, I just didn't know how Daniel prepared this Design.

Anyway, to the case. It was setting in Customizing ▸ Page settings ▸ Single page ▸ Custom Background. It was set to black.

By default, this setting was disabled after import so it relied on general settings for backgorund in Customizing ▸ General settings▸ General layout which is white.

Ehh, too many moving parts and I just looked in wrong place:-)

Please check if now everything is good.

With kind regards.
    Almost... I sent you a little coffee ;-) You highly deserve it! But the forms are all gone and the shopping functionality has also disappeared probably with the deactivation. How can i restore all that properly?
    I am afraid if I reimport the template that we are back to square one... And wonder how to integrate the WPML language switchers...
  • AirAir
    djovani said: Almost... I sent you a little coffee ;-)
    Yeas, I should drink one ;-) Thank you!

Yes, shopping is connected to WooCoomerce plugin, so reactivate it and it should be fine.

As for contact form - it is from WPForms Lite plugin. I see it has the wrong ID in the shortcode.
    Edit contact page in Elementor, and in contact form place you will find shortcode
    [wpforms id="9481"]
    replace it with
    [wpforms id="11001"]

With kind regards.

• AirAir
    djovani said: I am afraid if I reimport the template that we are back to square one
    If you do full import with option Remove current content, you should be fine. https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/installation-updating/importing-designs/importer-configuration/

If anything, you know where to find me :-) You want to reimport on the same page, or on a different one?
    djovani said: And wonder how to integrate the WPML language switchers...
    In top bar, there is a place for language switcher, but you can also add it to the main menu, or add it as a widget to footer widgets. https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/translations/translating-site-with-wpml/language-switcher/

With kind regards.
    The shop doesn't get the elementor editor in the menu bar and has lost its stuff in the sidebar... sorry for that...
    It's the filters I think.
    I fixed it! It was a plugin Rifle Elementor that needed reactivation. The wishlist has just this text [yith_wcwl_wishlist] but nothing is working any idea why?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)
    It wasn't Rife Elementor Extensions. I was deactivating plugins on your site and it is Toolset Layouts that is producing some faulty HTML.

For wishlist, if you need it, you have to install plugin YITH WooCommerce Wishlist. I have to remove its shortcode from demo data :-)
  • AirAir
    There is one more plugin Essential Addons for Elementor - Pro that has CSS that affect theme header styles and animation.

Cause of it sticky header is not hiding in a proper way.

With kind regards.
    I am ok to get rid of it if needed...
    And menu i see disappears in contact 6 page when you are on top of page. I just noticed
    Oh Wrong this seems to also be a problem in your original site preview https://rifetheme.com/rebro/contact-6/
    no menu visible..
  • AirAir
    Hehe, no I remember why I have removed this wishlist plugin YITH WooCommerce Wishlist. I have just activated it after you have mentioned it, and this is the result. Thanks for the info!

In your case, it is also the result of this plugin. I believe there is conflict in styles when this plugin is active.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Do you plan to use Wishlist plugin? If yes then I will take a look at what can be done to fix it.
    I would need one but i don't care which one as long as it works.
  • AirAir
    Cool :-) I will fix it then.

I am leaving the office for today, so if anything I will get to you tomorrow.

With kind regards.
    No worries that's perfect.
    Thanks sooo much.
  • AirAir
    O man, another easy fix to make wishlist plugin work. I will add this to documentation.

You just have to define a page for wish list in plugin settings. See the screenshot. I just did it on our demo and it works fine :-)

Now I am really leaving for today :-)

screenshot-rifetheme.com-2018-08-16-17-11-57.png
    892 x 463 - 31K
    You are a genius!!!!!!
    Hi Air again. I am still having problems. The product pages are messed up even worse than the other pages were. It's only now I clicked in them.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Lucky shot: deactivated Toolset WooCommerce Views and it works again :-)

Do you really plan on using all those plugins, or someone has suggested them to you?

Many of them affect how content/layout is created by default, and take control of layout away from the theme.

With kind regards.
    I hope we can still use toolset because i needs lots of custom data. Where do i remove the RIFE logo and place mine?
  • AirAir
    I don't know these plugins. They probably have configuration options that can help them work without causing issues :-)

Logo: https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/logo/

Use documentation search to look for various topics - I have described there a lot of common things :-)

With kind regards.
    Well I am asking you because all those details don't seem to work for the Retro theme. The Text RIFE logo is no where where it is supposed to be, instead of it are very large product or people images and so are they in the variants.

So that functionality seems gone in Retro as far as I can tell.
    Rebro sorry...
  • AirAir
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,970
    O man... What happened to your installation? IDs to be messed up this much, first time seeing such thing.

Have you made clean Design import with "Remove current content" selected?

Anyway, I would suggest to remove all logos(product images currently) and start your work from there. So remove 2 normal logos, and 6 other in Light, dark and sticky variants.

Then upload your logo in Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Logo.

I believe it has to be tiring for you to bump into new "revelation" on each step.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I made it on a totally empty installation. but with the plugins. I was afraid of touching anything there thinking its gonna go westward on me ;-)
    I have a problem with the topbar. When light variant is used on header, then we totally loose control over the topbar in the settings.
  • AirAir
    I can not view your site any longer, so you will have to let me know what exactly happens?
    Settings from Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Variant light – overwrites do not change its look?

With kind regards.
    Yes easy to reproduce. When in Single Page settings you have light variant selected, then TopBar settings become totally ineffective whatever you do.
  • AirAir
    It works fine on my installation.

Please tell me do you have defined any overwrites for the top bar in the light header variant, like:
    Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Variant light – overwrites → Top bar - Background color

With kind regards.
    Exactely. I changed the background color of topbar exactely like you indicate Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Variant light – overwrites → Top bar - Background color. And it doesn't change, even link color in that same pane actually no setting seem to work
    If in Customize - Page settings i choose header light variant, then i go customize - header settings - topbar - and thats where nothing works.
  • AirAir
    Could you send me access to your installation, so I could take a look?

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    It is not so much problem with the top bar but something with saving options in the customizer.
    Hard to tell if it is again caused by some plugin(I didn't disable them) but it works like that on your installation:
    -Changes shows fine in customizer preview
    -After publishing changes, it doesn't show up on the website. However, if you will make another change and save again, then previous changes will show up, but not the recent ones.

So to sum up - you have to make a change in customizer twice before it shows up.

Have you made previously changes in customizer, or you started just today?
    I just started today. I made very little changes. What a pity there is no way of restoring original defaults.
    But right now it looks ugly on the french front page and totally transparent on the english homepage.
  • AirAir
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,970
    djovani said: What a pity there is no way of restoring original defaults.

You can! import just theme settings from Design like explained here https://apollo13themes.com/switch-designs-rife-theme/
    Post edited by Air on
    I just did it, now i know that doing it replaces also the logos and everything.