Before you ask please READ THIS

Anchors links not going to the right place

in Rife Posts: 8
I have built a one page site with some anchors to access from the menu the different sections. For some reason I can't identify, when I click on a menu item I am not taken exactly to the section but near it with some time half a screen margin. have a look here: http://ah1dnrtkz.preview.infomaniak.website/

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Gabs!

Seems like some plugin is affecting this.

Please try to:
    1. Disable all Plugins, and test if the issue still occurs(leave only Elementor and Apollo13 Framework Extensions).
    2. If there is no issue without plugins, then activate one plugin after another until you will see the issue again.

With kind regards.
    I followed you suggestion, first leaving only Elementor Pro and Apollo 13. This messed up the whole layout. I activate Elementor and the problem still persists. Links are not landing precisely on anchors. Sometimes they are off by an entire screen worth
  • AirAir
    Hey Gabe :-)

As far as I know, Elementor Pro requires Elementor "normal" to be active, so that is probably why you experienced "layout crash".

From what I assume, some plugin, or plugin part, is conflicting with our theme "Scroll to anchor" mechanism, and that is why this "overscroll" happens.

I can debug which plugin it is for you, to not waste any more time.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

I will be back in the office tomorrow, so I will get to this in the morning.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey Gabs :-)

Thanks for your help!

So here is the situation:
    It seems Elementor has added its own system to scroll to anchor. So I will be adding an option to disable this in Rife theme, so they don't conflict with each other.

Currently, I have disabled theme's "scroll to anchor" system on your installation, and now it works fine. However, as soon as I enable Elementor Pro it gets mad. I assume there is some issue between Elementor Free/Pro, as on our site we had to disable usage of some Elementor Pro elements, as this was affecting scrolling of our page as well.

----

I have inspected this further and this doesn't seem like theme issue at this point.

After reading this issue https://github.com/pojome/elementor/issues/4364
    It looks like it is connected to sticky titles, as it affects in some way scrolling calculations.

It seems the Elementor Pro need to address this issue.

With kind regards.