Before you ask please READ THIS

Pagination Problem.

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 95
Hi i have two problems.
1. for testing i have set the number of Portfilio Items to 2.
When i click in the top menue in the Category Automotive ( first submenue ) then the two Portfolio Items will be shown and also the Pagination at the bottom right till here everything works nice. But now when i click on at the Pagination Site 2 or 3 i get error message:
"Error 404. The page you’re looking for can’t be found". I only upgrade the Theme and do nothing else.

2. How can i set also the Pagination when i set the Category in the main View of my Portfolio ( not in the top Main Menue ) it only shows the site numbers, whenn i select the Category over my Main Menue at the Top Part.

You can see the Problems on my Site at : www.theaot.de

thanks in advance

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello.

1 is very strange. I will test that localy, but it shouldn't happen if you don't have any page with slug 'portfolio'.

2. There is no pagination for portfolio part on main page(such as you configured). I see that in your case it should be there. I will try to set up something and let you know whta can be done.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    Please try to go through options in http://www.theaot.de/wp-admin/options-permalink.php
    Wordpress may have cached something wrong and now it stuck. Try changing peramalink style, and after that return to your desired one. Please report back if that solved your pagination issue. I couldn't reproduce your issue, but I gain some temporary problems, and above actions helped in that.

Edit:

Found some evidence: http://codex.wordpress.org/Rewrite_API/flush_rules
    It changing permalinks won't work, then try to change permalink of some page. Should help.
    Post edited by Air on
    thanks i will try
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 95
    Hi i tried and the changing Permalinks dont work.
    And "change permalink of some page" how can i do this.
    In the Link you send is decribed, that may Site if i set the flash rules, could be slow down my Site.
    I think this is not a good solution. And i only have two sites , Home and Contact.
    I also dont change anything in the Portfolio Slug settings.

Maybe its ok for you when i send you the Account settings and you can take a look ??
    This would be reall great.

the Account Information are send to your Mail.

thanks

Post edited by elay on
  • AirAir
    edited December 2011 Posts: 10,970
    Hey elay.
    I can tell you are not programer:-)
    Anyway in few hours there will be available version 1.4 or Arilock. It should fix your issue, and also we have added option of pagination on frontpage(Home Page design-> Portfolio section->pagination) you were asking about. If paging issue won't disappear instantly, try to change some options in theme setting, and it should help. If not then I will make use of account you created.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Great thanks this is what i called a superb Support.

Hi now i have upgrad to Version 1.4

1. Tha Pagination on Main Site ( Frontpage ) works.
    2. And the Old Problem is still there

"When i click in the top menue in the Category Automotive ( first submenue ) then the two Portfolio Items will be shown and also the Pagination at the bottom right till here everything works nice. But now when i click on at the Pagination Site 2 or 3 i get error message:
    "Error 404. The page you’re looking for can’t be found"

Mayabe you can take a look in my Account ?

And by the Way have you think about the Problem of setting the Pagination depending in wich Category you are and not virtually for all works in Portfolio ?

thanks
  • AirAir
    Hey.

I spend some time on your wordpress but couldn't make this working. It looks like some server configuration problem or wordpress strange misconfiguration.
    You could send me some ftp access, so I will try to check what is going on there.

About pagination it works just as your wrote but you have to be aware of few things:
    - if you are in category view http://themes.apollo13.eu/airlock/skills/architecture/ then pagination works on category(categories work in static mode)
    - if you are on home page or portfolio main page http://themes.apollo13.eu/airlock/portfolio-list/ changing category will only hide/show items but selected from viewed ones(categories work in dynamic mode). So if you display 10 items from 'Featured' category, changing category will filter those 10 to for example two from design category. Pagination however don't change and still is working on mainly selected items set.

With regards.
    Hi ok thanks
    i send you the ftp Account on your Mail
    What do you think of deleting the WP Installation on my Account and importing the SQL Backup File. Would it Help. The only think is that i dont want, is to reupload all the Portfoliofiles and Descriptions again.
  • AirAir
    OK I know what is going on with pagination.
    If you have bigger number in Settings->Reading Settings->Blog pages show at most
    then in
    Airlock->Portfolio->Portfolio items per page
    then it will crash on some page bigger then 1.

Why? Cause wordpress firstly check is there are any posts by his limit number. After he checks that, he allow Airlock limits to come in game.

I will check is there any way to provide Airlock limits before WP limits, and add it as fix.

Thanks for all help!!
    Hi great you fix it.
    I have to thank you for you good support and Help.

thanks a lot.
  • AirAir
    Fixed totaly in Airlock 1.5
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!