Before you ask please READ THIS

404 and Update issues....RIFE

Hi

- I am doing a staging site for a new prospect with Rife and faces some issues when activating.

- Client's Server Tech asked for an older version but still faced the same issue.

- The server tech then upgraded the WP version and back office works fine.

- I tried to build a page and found out that other than the home pagethat works fine , all other page/post...etc become 404.

Example: https://www.drchoice.life/night-colors/

- I tried re flushing permalinks route but problem persist.

- then I tried to upgrade rife to the latest version and there is an error message that look something like this....

" An error occurred while updating Rife Pro: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions. style.css, default-settings, default-settings/default.php, default-settings/index.htm....."

Please advise.

Jason S

Comments

• Update: 0930
    - 404 issue seems to be ok now. I did nothing so I do not know whether the server tech did something or what happpened.

- But Updating error still persist. I still cannot update to the lateset RIfe version.
  • AirAir
    Hey there:-)

About 404 - I don't think it has anything to do with the theme. Staging servers have to do a lot of magic in rewriting links in the database to make everything work. You can always switch to default WordPress theme to confirm that is not the issue with the theme in such case :-)

Update error: First time seeing such an issue, but I think error message tells it all. You see, this is also out of theme power, and what fails here is WordPress update mechanism cause of read/write issue.

As you work on staging server this can happen, but a lot depends on how staging is done by hosting company.

Anyway, try manual update in such case https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/installation-updating/updating-theme/manual-theme-update/ or delete theme by FTP and upload it again. You will not lose any data, as everything is stored in the database :-)

With kind regards.