Before you ask please READ THIS

Problem accessing the Ipad and Iphone

edited November 2012 in Spaceship Posts: 8
Hello, when I access the site from a mobile device such as the Iphone or Ipad the top and bottom are strangers and carousel for albums too. The entire alignment of the blog is closely following the line of the menu that is wrong.

www.carlasalomao.com/arquivos/ipad-horiz.jpg
www.carlasalomao.com/arquivos/ipad-vert.jpg
www.carlasalomao.com/arquivos/iphone-vert.jpg

How do I fix?

With regards.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello,

Have you edited anything in layout? Recently I got real Ipad, and just checked our demo, and your page, and our demo works just fine on Ipad, as yours is as on your screen shots. So it looks like some changes, but I didn't find anything in quick look.

Btw. nice music, I really like it :-)

With regards.
  • Hello,

I just checked your demo on my Iphone and got the same problem.

www.carlasalomao.com/arquivos/spaceship01.png
    www.carlasalomao.com/arquivos/spaceship02.png

but I noticed that when I leave enabled the top frame (not clicking "Remove Frame"), the theme works fine.

www.carlasalomao.com/arquivos/spaceship03.png

So, "Houston, We've Got a Problem" ;-)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully we can fix it.

About the music, if you liked, it´s means that u have a good taste :-)
  • AirAir
    OK I see screen shots from iphone, but I can't debug it cause I don't have it. Will think about something.
    As for iPad our demo is working fine, and your is as on screen shots, so question remains
    Air said: Have you edited anything in layout?

With regards.
  • I just made this change as I walked. Because I could not access my Mail Settings.

http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/536/i-cant-access-the-mail-settings#Item_4 .

And I also had problem with the thumbnail and follow these tips.

http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/1899#Comment_1899

With regards.
  • AirAir
    None of these changes has anything to do with album view. I have just spent 30 minutes trying to debug why your page is acting different form out demo but I have found no clue about it, and I am afraid, it will be hard to detect it even with full FTP and Wordpress access.

I will keep in mind this issue for now. Sorry for not helping yet.

With regards.
  • Here on my iPhone I noticed that in your demo we have the same problem that is on my website. In this image attached I illustrate the problem that occurs when I remove the Top Frame of the website. to remove it, the responsive is enabled and the problem is generated, perhaps a problem of definition of "div" in the responsive configuration, I don't know.

Solving the problem in your demo, I believe that will solve the problem in my site.

With regards.
    spaceship_problen.jpg
    1800 x 800 - 345K
  • AirAir
    Still I know this one:-) Cause you are now showing me Iphone version right? I could see this issue on emulator, but on Ipad there is no such issue in our demo as on your page.

That is only thing I am curious about, cause as I said I tried to debug your version on iPad but without success, and still our demo works good on my iPad. And I don't check it with frame ;-) I Always test bare link http://themes.apollo13.eu/spaceship/

I will take look at that soon, but just now I have two arms only, so you will have to be patient some more:-)

Is there any possibility that you would allow me to mess with your copy to debug it, as on iPad I can see this issue only on your project? I would need FTP and WP access, even temporary. If you agree send it to my by private message here on forum.

Thanks!
  • Now I understand, in your Ipad your demo site works perfectly but "carlasalomao.com" doesn't. I just saw here in my Ipad that this difference actually exists. Strange thing is that in both cases, has the same problem in Iphone.

But thanks for listening, if you have any news let me know.

To have access to site's FTP , I need your IP to turn you able to access. This happens just because we are in different countries.
  • AirAir
    OK so we will try when I will sit to fix this:-) Thanks!
  • By the way, thank you for your attention. You have a great themplate!
  • AirAir
    Thanks a lot! We will make even better ones ;-)
  • AirAir
    I would just let you know that I am currently working on your issues. Still no clue why this happening but I will need to ask for a favour of testing theme with my improvements to see if it will fix issues in your theme. If you are OK with that I will contact you soon(1-3 days) via private message.

With regards.

• AirAir
    edited December 2012 Posts: 10,970
    OK I think changes might take some time but I would like you to test this solution as it pretends to fix this zooming issue. Change file header.php in line ~8
    this
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
    to this
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,initial-scale=1,maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no" />

EDIT:
    damn it looks better, but it is still scrollable horizontally, so in fact issue is masked but it not disappeared :-)
    Will work further on it.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    edited December 2012 Posts: 10,970
    Enlightenment!
    I have found that audio player is causing this, but didn't know why.
    Now I remember that I had identical issue in our new theme, and it was IOS that was making to wide audio element, which is hidden anyway(welcome to IOS quirks).

This CSS should fix it
    #jpAudioContainer audio{
    max-width: 30px;
    }
    ;-)
    With regards.
    Post edited by Air on