Before you ask please READ THIS

First Footer Column Widget Issue

in Rife Posts: 87
Hi

The first footer widget using a text box in a 4 or 5 widget setup does not look very good. If you dont use a title then the box content is not in line with the other footer widgets.

If you start trying to add text and shortcodes theres no way to control the format and the text is too wide looking for the widget - see dev site in landscape and portrait mode - you have the details.

I have to use multple items in a text widget as theres only 1 widget per column so no other way to add more than one item

Alternatively please look in responsinator to see the issue. Screenshot attached.

Thanks
Screenshot 2019-01-09 17.42.53.png
1920 x 1080 - 306K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

As your scenario shows maybe adding column widgets in the footer would be a good idea
    MyMetta said: If you start trying to add text and shortcodes theres no way to control the format and the text is too wide looking for the widget - see dev site in landscape and portrait mode - you have the details.
    It behaves as planned. I have a strong feeling that you don't like how the footer behaves, but I am not sure how I can help you with this.

Widgets are separated by margins - and they are respected on your screenshot.
    I can give your custom CSS that will increase this margin if you are feeling that is too small currently.
    @media only screen and (max-width: 1024px)  and (min-width: 768px){
    .five-col .widget {
        width: 27.3%;
    }
    .foot-widgets .widget {
        margin-left 6%;
    }
    }
    Both above number should sumup to 33.3 if you want to adjust them further.

With kind regards.
    Hi

Thanks again for the detailed reply. Yes I think its probably a personal thing on how it looks. It seems to play better if you add an elementor widget in there as it aligns the items and formats them nicely. I will play with the elementor padding to see if I can get it to align with the other widget headers.

It would be great to have the column height dynamically adjust even if no title is used. This is what I was trying to to do :)

See screenshot example of how the image on far left aligns with titles of other widget headers but there is no title text.

Screenshot 2019-01-13 11.00.47.png
    1920 x 1080 - 125K
  • AirAir
    MyMetta said: See screenshot example of how the image on far left aligns with titles of other widget headers but there is no title text.
    It works the same in the Rife theme. However, your image has gained margin from paragraph and class that aligned it. This is nothing we could prepare theme for, as one could want to have the margin from his markup.

So in your case, probably editor added a paragraph, and we would have to act on it with custom CSS to remove margin.

With kind regards.
    Hi - Thanks. Fair Enough. Let me get a final version up and maybe you could let me know the custom CSS to remove the margin.

Thanks
    Hi

As per PM final version is up!

I have issues in Landscape Footer if I have the elementor widget to show a template in the footer.

See Footer Column 1 & 5

1 - is okay on portrait but not left aligned on landscape

5 - okayish on mobile - form rows are not centred but can live with that - but it looks terrible on landscape. What did you do/how did you create your newsletter sign up form - im prettty much trying to do the same thing

The biggest challenge is no landscape responsive option in Elementor of course!

Thanks

• AirAir

I think you want too much control over every breakpoint which is just not very scalable.

Anyway, I wouldn't use Elementor templates widgets for such simple content of widget, if you want them(widgets) to behave consistently.

So I would advise either using Elementor for all widgets or not use it all.

With kind regards.