Before you ask please READ THIS

(Social) Icons in Header

How can I remove the social icons in the top left corner of the site?

And since I use the "hover-icons" for the menu (e. g. "Home" changes to a house icon) I notices that some don't change back to the written version but stay in icon mode.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    rocketboy said: And since I use the "hover-icons" for the menu (e. g. "Home" changes to a house icon) I notices that some don't change back to the written version but stay in icon mode.
    Just checked on your site and can not confirm it. When it happens and on what device/browser? Can you confirm it on other devices/browsers?
    rocketboy said: How can I remove the social icons in the top left corner of the site?
    Please go to header settings Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background → Social icons.

With kind regards.
    Hello there :-)

removal of social icons worked. thanks :-)

And regarding the hover-icons: I use a MacBook with current Chrome and also current Firefox.
    Hmmm...strange.
    But if you say that your browser doesn't have these problems I'm absolutely fine with that since my lecturer won't use my laptop *g*

Thanks Air :-)
  • AirAir
    Hey
    rocketboy said: And regarding the hover-icons: I use a MacBook with current Chrome and also current Firefox.
    So you probably have high resolution, right? Could you make a screen shot for me how it looks on your computer? https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

With kind regards.

Hi,

just wanted to do that....but noticed, that it suddenly seems to work now in both browsers (Firefox is still a bit slow in reaction but that's surely because I have 100+ tabs open at the moment).
    And yes, I have a retina display: 2880x1800
    But if it ever occurs again, I'll make a screenshot for you :-)

thanks

BTW: where can change the link in the shield that's popping out from above? I'd like to kick out the HOME Button and use the shield instead.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)
    rocketboy said: BTW: where can change the link in the shield that's popping out from above? I'd like to kick out the HOME Button and use the shield instead.
    Logo always links to homepage, so to address that you have set in Settings -> General -> WordPress Address (URL).

With kind regards.
    Is it possible to kill the whole design when changing that URL?
  • AirAir
    Yes, as it is one of the core settings in WordPress. So many things in WordPress, plugins, and theme depends on it.

I wanted to explain where the logo links, not advise that you should change it.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    If you open console(f12) you will see that none of JavaScript can be loaded currently cause of this change.