Before you ask please READ THIS

PHP Version 7.3 compatibility?

in Rife Posts: 6
Hi

Ive spent ages with my hosting provider working through a fault on my website. They have come back to me and said "It looks like the PHP version set up on your website (PHP 7.3) is not compatible with the theme CSS or script". Can someone confirm if this true? If so, what can be done about it? thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Our theme is compatible even with PHP 7.4 :-)
    SJDuryea said: It looks like the PHP version set up on your website (PHP 7.3) is not compatible with the theme CSS or script
    I am not sure what someone had in mind, but PHP version have nothing to do with CSS or JavaScript.

Please let me know what issue are you facing, and I will help you.

With kind regards.
    Thank you! that was the response I got from Hostagtor. The issue is, Hostgator updated my website to PHP 7.3 about a week ago. Now, when I log into the website, go to pages, then the home page I get the attached error message. I cant edit the page at all . Any chance you could help? Hostgator seem to think its the PHP version, but wordpress were sending messages that it had to be updated to 7.3...I'm confused and I cant fix the fault myself! Thanks
    Capture2.PNG
    1445 x 225 - 11K
    Capture.PNG
    3003 x 931 - 82K
  • AirAir

Could you please send me temporary* access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

*temporary - please delete this account after I am done, for your safety!
    thanks will do
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Thanks for the link. I have tested your website, and when I try to edit your home page with Elementor it works fine.
    Classic edit doesn't work just as you said.

I would start with disabling all plugins except for Elementor and Apollo13 Framework extensions. Then check if you can edit your homepage.

I would do it myself, but I don't want to risk disabling any part of your website.

With kind regards.
    Hi I have tried disabling all the plugins, clearing the cache and server cache and it still doesnt work