Before you ask please READ THIS

Bulk Upload Portfolio Request

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 11
I recently purchased the Airlock theme and you could see it at the link: http://www.ronaldnztan.com. It it great for my portfolio HTML site.

I'd like to request a bulk upload for the portfolio sections. Uploading one by one is tedious and well...time consuming.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there

Thank for your opinion. Adding bulk upload is a bit difficult at this time. Tell me, how would you like that upload to work?
    1. That it will create as many projects, as many pictures you will provide?
    2. It will add as many photos to one project as many you provide.
  • Because of this minor inconvenience, I have decided to revert the Airlock to my secondary, fall back HTML site. Trying to access my main site will no longer display Airlock in question. The modified and future address is http://html.ronaldnztan.com.

Now that the reference was out of the way, the bulk upload request pertains to your second choice, "It will add as many photos to one project as many you provide."

Example: I have several magazine publications and I have scanned them as JPGs. I counted 49 files. Can you imaging having to upload one by one in Airlock's current state?

I know that in Wordpress, I could "bulk upload." However, the ANNOYING part is when I am adding all 49 images of my scanned magazine tearsheets into my "TEARSHEET" project. I have to copy and paste the direct links from the Media Library of WP into Airlock's add image under project page.

Please consider adding the "Bulk Upload" so that I could add all 49 images to my "Tearsheets" projects in one go and NOT have to copy and paste the direct image URL into the project page's add images panel.
  • Just to show you: http://html.ronaldnztan.com/

I now have started creating projects as you can see by the categories. If the Bulk Upload is in the works, I'll wait until the theme gets updated since this is my fall back site.
  • AirAir
    In that case you could use build in wordpress bulk upload, and make WP gallery from
    images you have upload. Next you could choose few pictures to represent project, by adding them to slider/liquid/or vertical layout of viewing portfolio item.

It would take much less time. Gallery would look something like http://demo2.csshover.pl/about/

With regards.
    Hi i agree with ronaldnztan
    Actually i also have one Projekt with lets say 12 Images in the Projekt and all have the same description and so on.

So i have to upload one by one to show it like here: http://theaot.de/?portfolio=bugatti-veyron-speedboat-concept

So it would really help if it is possible if every Picture have the same information to implement a bulg upload.

thanks
  • @elay

I love your customization! How do I have a similar yellow ribbon like you have on the top? I am a newbie to WordPress.
    Hello Ronaldnztan

Elay probably used this plugin http://codecanyon.net/item/premium-mega-dropdown-plugin/167004 but he must admit it ;)

Best Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
  • AirAir
    Yes he used it :-)
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 95
    Hi guys yes its Megadropdown from Codecanyen.
    But there are some free versions like this Dropdown in web.
    I find it after i bought it.

But anyway whats with the bulg Upload ;-)
    Post edited by elay on
  • Any news or additional thoughts about this Bulk Upload? I'd like to additionally request a drag and drop sorting of portfolio items in single project section.
    Also very interested by the bulk upload as I have more than 300 pictures in my "media directory".
    If I could have one portfolio per image, created automatically (basically one portfolio for each item in my media directory) that would great! I would then manually adjust/delete what needs to be amended.
    Or even better, a module that would allow me to tick the pictures from my media library for which I want a portfolio to be automatically created
    Is this something that can be done?

• AirAir
    Hi there.

I'm also very interested in it, but it is not so easy. I am working on it, but it will take some time before it will be available. We won't leave this case unsolved, it is mine personal priority to make bulk upload for photos for one item.

I don't know if I get you right Grek, but there won't be bulk upload that would create 300 portfolio items from 300 images. Making it will be too hard. We will implement ronaldztan version, anyway we plan to fight to make it possible.

With regards and please have some more patience :-)
    thanks guys!
    Hi in WP Version 3.3 actually a Bulgupload into Mediathek is possible.
    Maybe you can use it as a workaround to import it into Portfolio from Mediathek.
  • AirAir
    What is Mediathek?
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 95
    I think of the english version its the Medialibrary.
    The place where all Pictiur is stored ( uploaded )

See Attachement
    Mediathek.jpg
    345 x 401 - 141K
    Post edited by elay on
  • AirAir
    Bulk upload is there for long time. I am currently fighting to make use of it.

With regards.
    Yes but what i mean is Bulk upload via drag and drop
  • Hi Daniel,

I see that in the 1.5 version, there is now a Bulk Upload box.

I selected the files to be bulk uploaded, but is not working. Am I doing something wrong? Should I create a video screen capture to illustrate?
  • AirAir
    I upload multiple Files with the new cool feature and for me it works well with no Problems
  • False alarm, guys!

I don't know what I did last night, but this morning, I logged in and tried again after reading your replied.

I confirm and verify that the new bulk upload is functional and AWESOME!!!

THANK YOU!!!