Before you ask please READ THIS

Can't edit or change footer content

in Rife Posts: 12
Hello,

I subscribed today to Rife Pro and I imported the York theme. I tried to change the footer content (text, position, height, etc.) in the Appearance> Customize section and also by editing the main page using Elementor. I know they are widgets and I may change the content of each one individually in the Appearance>Widgets, but I would like to edit the appearance of the footer itself in Elementor (change background color, section height, padding, etc.), but I also can't edit the Main Page anymore. Before importing the theme I was able to do that.
Before importing the York theme I was using Rife Free's theme FRAME.

Thanks.
joaotalesoliveira_screenshot.jpg
1864 x 893 - 768K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

The theme footer is not editable in Elementor, however, if you are using Elementor Pro, you can disable the theme footer, and replace it with Elementor footer.

https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/general-settings/footer/

As for the main page in the York design, it is an Album type and albums are not editable in Elementor.

However, you can change your homepage to a classic page https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/basic-setup/front-page/
    and in that Page, in Elementor, add the same Album slider as part of your page.

Sorry if it is misleading - it is partly an old way of making WP pages before page builders were invented ;-)

With kind regards.
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 12
    Hello Air,

Thanks for the answer.

I believe I didn't explain my problem correctly, I apologize.

My front page is a page type with widgets on it, the Album slider being one of them (I don't know if that's the correct word for it). My front page is not listed in the Album menu, but in the page menu. Apparently it is already editable in Elementor, but Elementor freezes, even in Safe Mode. I didn't change the design of the page, just imported as-is, after installing Rife Pro.

Before, I was able to edit these widgets directly from the Customize area, but after installing Rife Pro I can't do it anymore. Before, by just clicking the blue pencil icon I could get a set of options to change the contents, but now a block editor within the customize area shows up. (Maybe a new feature from the latest version of WP?)

I attached a screenshot (01). Please have a look.

I tried to change the settings of the front page as indicated in the link you sent, but then the top menu background transparency is gone. I know I can probably change this setting in the customize, but it's too much trouble for such small things. Screenshots (2) and (3).

My expectation was to import the theme, delete the theme's original photos & media, replace them with mine, them change the texts and titles, and start blogging, etc. I can't work on this website everyday, for hours, trying to fix small things such as these. I spent about one hour just to write this post in this forum.

Thanks,

Joao
    jtoliveira_screenshot_01.jpg
    1883 x 942 - 727K
    jtoliveira_screenshot_02.jpg
    1862 x 941 - 2M
    jtoliveira_screenshot_03.jpg
    1883 x 934 - 2M
    Post edited by joaotales on
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)
    joaotales said: Before, I was able to edit these widgets directly from the Customize area, but after installing Rife Pro I can't do it anymore. Before, by just clicking the blue pencil icon I could get a set of options to change the contents, but now a block editor within the customize area shows up. (Maybe a new feature from the latest version of WP?)
    In the recent WordPress 5.8 update, they switched all widgets to some blokcs, and this is why you don't see anything when you try to edit.

Please install this plugin and activate it to use widgets in the old way (prior to version 5.8) https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-widgets/

joaotales said: I tried to change the settings of the front page as indicated in the link you sent, but then the top menu background transparency is gone. I know I can probably change this setting in the customize, but it's too much trouble for such small things. Screenshots (2) and (3).
    Every page has its own settings to use or not another color variant of the header, no matter is it used as front page or not.

In this case, you will have to edit a page that you have set as the front page, and its settings change header color variant setting in the Header tab https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/pages/pages-options/
    Apparently it is already editable in Elementor, but Elementor freezes, even in Safe Mode.
    York demo has Album set as front page, not a Page, so it will not load in the Elementor. You will have to switch to the Page first. The it should work fine.
    joaotales said: My expectation was to import the theme, delete the theme's original photos & media, replace them with mine, them change the texts and titles, and start blogging, etc. I can't work on this website everyday, for hours, trying to fix small things such as these. I spent about one hour just to write this post in this forum.
    This is exactly what we are looking for, to give you such experience(import & switch content). Sorry for all issues that occurred during the WordPress version update.
    Sorry for the frustration it gives you.
    As a developer, I can share a frustration, when with each new version of Elementor & WordPress they break something that worked flawlessly, and I have to make new workarounds, so our clients like will not get frustrated, because something change overnight :-S
    Countless wasted hours for making old things work instead of bringing new features.

I will assist how I can.

With kind regards.
  • Hello Air,

Thanks for the answer.

I already fixed almost all issues. I have another issue I couldn't find in the forum, so I will open a new discussion.

Thankfully,

Joao