Before you ask please READ THIS

Ok to delete Classic Editor and Slider Revolution plugins?

in Rife Posts: 67
Hi Air,

I have a mature (in age, not content!) website that has the following plugins installed:
Classic Editor
Classic Editor Addon
Classic Widgets
Really Simple SSL

These plugins came with the theme or were installed during the Gutenberg transition (and when websites were switching over to https). I'm trying to do a bit of streamlining since the files have grown large enough for back-ups to take a long time...

Just wanted to confirm that I can go ahead and delete these plugins? The website is running fine after updating to the latest version of WP and Rife.

Also, how do I check if I'm actually using the Slider Revolution plugin on my website? It is installed, but I would like to delete it if it's not needed.

Thanks as always for your excellent support!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)
    LazyDiver said: I have a mature (in age, not content!)
    Love it :-D

As for plugins - it depends on what is used on the website.

If classic editor is not used, I don't see a reason to keep it.
    Classic widgets - you will have to check the sidebars and footer is there any widgets that will disappear after deactivating this plugin.

Really Simple SSL
    - this hardly connected to the theme and was installed probably for different reason.
    LazyDiver said: Also, how do I check if I'm actually using the Slider Revolution plugin on my website? It is installed, but I would like to delete it if it's not needed.
    Deactivate it and check what is broken :D
    Try checking if there are any sliders created in its settings on the backend, and if there are, check are those demo sliders, or if they could be used on the website.

Another way would be searching the database for shortcodes and website builder references to Slider Revolution, but I guess the first method will be faster :-)

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

I should have phrased my question better. :-D I wondered if there was a shortcut (that is even quicker than the fast way, haha) of checking whether a plugin is currently being used on any of the pages.

I will check them one by one, then.

Thank you!