Before you ask please READ THIS

PhotoProof Theme

edited September 2023 in PhotoProof Posts: 5
Good evening, I am new to Apollo 13 but not new to WordPress. I have installed my new theme, PhotoProof. However, I am not seeing the landing page that is seen on the demo. Is there a tutorial on how to make my website look like the demo? The landing page is beautiful and exactly what I need for my site.

In addition, I also would like to know how to save changes on the template as I work on the new theme prior to making it live.

Thank you for your help.

Amy
Post edited by AmySpr168 on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Amy :-)

You have to import the design(demo data) to get the starting look.
    Please see these tutorials and documentation:

https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/importing-designs/

AmySpr168 said: In addition, I also would like to know how to save changes on the template as I work on the new theme prior to making it live.
    I am not sure what you mean by that. Changes in the Customizer?

With kind regards.
  • Good afternoon,

I have watched the video and see how this is to be done, however I get stuck after installing the theme. When I click on Live Preview of my theme it says, " Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page." I am not ready to activate the theme because I have a live site running and I don't want to change that until I have made the new design exactly as I want it before going live.

On the video I noticed the area under Appearance there is a link that says Rife Free Import and Information. And then there is a tab where it says Rife Pro. I don't have that option under my Appearance tab.

I've also tried searching for the place to enter my license purchase code to no avail.

Disregard this previous comment until I have the first steps figured out. "In addition, I also would like to know how to save changes on the template as I work on the new theme prior to making it live."

Thank you for your help.

Amy
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 134913.png
    311 x 338 - 16K
  • AirAir
    Good evening:-)
    AmySpr168 said: I am not ready to activate the theme because I have a live site running and I don't want to change that until I have made the new design exactly as I want it before going live.
    Do you work on some staging server for now?
    If yes, you can activate the theme there and work there safely.
    Before importing any Design it would be best to make a backup of your website.
    Importing design will affect your live website if you will do it there.
    AmySpr168 said: On the video I noticed the area under Appearance there is a link that says Rife Free Import and Information. And then there is a tab where it says Rife Pro. I don't have that option under my Appearance tab.
    Don't worry, it is for our other theme built on the same framework. So options might be different, but it is the "same way".
    AmySpr168 said: I've also tried searching for the place to enter my license purchase code to no avail.
    Please see this https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/registering-the-purchase-code/

Hope this helps.

With kind regards.
  • Thank you kindly for your help. I am going to start plugging away on this.
  • Good evening, after many many hours of trying to figure this out, I am simply lost on how to do this. I have read all of the emails and watched all of the videos. Where I am stuck is entering my license code. I have the code but there is nowhere to enter it.

Attached is a screen shot of the instructions you sent and also one of my screen. There is simply nowhere to enter the license code.

I have reached out to Rife to see if I can upgrade my license to one with support but have yet to hear back. I have to have this website completed asap.

Please help!

Kindly,
    Amy

Screenshot 2023-10-20 174554.png
    1262 x 733 - 140K
    Screenshot 2023-10-20 174758.png
    1907 x 907 - 943K
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

You have to activate the theme to be able to enter license key :-)

Currently you have activated different theme :-)

activate the theme

With kind regards.
  • You are awesome. Thank you. I've got my site in staging mode and have entered the license code. Thank you so much!

Kindly,
    Amy