Before you ask please READ THIS

Your Hypershot theme is nothing but trouble since we purchased it..

edited December 2012 in Hypershot Posts: 8
Now the theme is showing two different versions. One on the website when i am logged in to edit it and another when I publish it for the rest of the world to see. Chrome seems to look different then IE and i am sure Firefox it a complete fuck up.. I would ask for a refund but you probably won't respond to me.. We have worked with Themeforest for a long time and done many websites and by far your theme is the worst we have ever purchased. Here is a picture of two screenshots one you will see the header and footer is margin'd towards the middle and the other is correct. The correct one is what shows when i am working on the theme and the other is what it looks like when i publish it. Yes i have tried many browser and different computers and yes i have done many different round about ways to change your code which just doesn't work either. http://i.imgur.com/1aqr8.jpg

I would appreciate an understanding about what is going on, since the last time i asked about an issue i did not get a response.

Best,

Paul Talbot
23rdstudios.com (a theme that really works)
weddings.23rdstudios.com (a theme that does nothing it claims)

Comments

• AirAir
    edited December 2012 Posts: 10,970
    Hello Dear User,

From the end:
    23rdStudios said: I would appreciate an understanding about what is going on, since the last time i asked about an issue i did not get a response.
    As a developer of this theme I answer on all topics here.
    Here you got all your topics on forum http://support.apollo13.eu/profile/discussions/391/23rdStudios
    And ALL are answered, so I don't know what kind of answer you did not get.
    23rdStudios said: Now the theme is showing two different versions. One on the website when i am logged in to edit it and another when I publish it for the rest of the world to see. Chrome seems to look different then IE and i am sure Firefox it a complete fuck up
    It is first time I see such problem in almost 200 buyers of this theme. I am using Hypershot theme every day and I have not experienced such problems. If you would post live link, and eventually give me access to your WP I could check what is going on. There could many reasons, however no one reported such strange behaviour yet. One also could be this:
    23rdStudios said: i have done many different round about ways to change your code which just doesn't work either.
    but I have to check myself. It would also easier if you would tell what exactly you have changed.
    23rdStudios said: We have worked with Themeforest for a long time and done many websites and by far your theme is the worst we have ever purchased
    It is very harming. We do what ever we can to match our customers needs. Since month we have made many corrections and improvements, answered 100 topic about Hypershot. I think it is very unfair from your side.
    If anyone have problems they came here, and even it is very simple questions we always answer and help our users. You have asked two times before and now you came all highly irritated. Next time please come faster and I will try to help with any issues you will encounter.
    23rdStudios said: I would ask for a refund but you probably won't respond to me
    Up until now we had 2 ask(threats?) for refund(it is now over 14 months we sell themes). You are 3rd person to put such statement. In both previous cases it end up that user had:
    -bad server configuration(I have spend 3 hours fixing his server to be able to handle Wordpress, not our theme)
    -messed up code of theme and came here also highly irritated.

I hope we can solve your issues in more calmly way.

With kindly regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • just a note ... I work with, more or less, 30 themes per year. I would recommend only a handful of authors and one of them is this. Fore example: I am very very laze to find out the right classes and a good support-site, like the service here, save a lot of time.
  • AirAir
    kunststoffat : thanks a lot for your kind opinion!

23rdStudios:
    Now that i think about your issue it looks like bad work off some cache plugin. Do you use any?

With regards.
  • no cache plugin, I am just not understanding why and even today why my website looks one way on the admin login page and another way when i publish it. I use Chrome and it looks different then IE and even different on Safari..

Also the fonts you provided don't update when they are changed. i will change them and refresh and then they just show a font that is not even similar to the one i have chosen.. Sort of like in the photo link above. So now i went back in and changed the wide back to narrow and narrow back to wide. Thought it only worked after i saved the changes in two places.

Also i'd like to know why our favicon is not showing up on our pages tab and only on the admins tab.
  • AirAir
    As I think you don't even pay attention to what I wrote before I will shortly summarize:

1. Please show live link to your site(I will solve nothing just imaging what you write about).
    2. Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message.

From what you are saying it still looks like some hard cache is going on somewhere, but I am waiting for above data from you find issue.

With regards.
  • AirAir
    I have tested your site on Firefox and Chrome logged in and out, and I haven't experienced any of issues you have mentioned. Have you checked also on other computers, cause it really looks like some crazy cache issue on your machine which sometimes happens?

Hope we can solve this mystery together:-)

With regards.
  • that's because since we have had these issues we have fixed them.. Still haven't heard from you about the favacon and how to properly get that to show up on the website tab and not just the admin page
  • oh ya and here is your own website example sowing exactly what i am talking about in my photos above http://themes.apollo13.eu/hypershot/album/full-width/
  • AirAir
    23rdStudios said: that's because since we have had these issues we have fixed them
    OK so I am just wasting time searching for things that not exist? Next time please inform if something changed in your issue. Also it would be nice to describe how you solved your problems, then I could try to add fixes in next update for that.

--------------
    23rdStudios said: Still haven't heard from you about the favacon and how to properly get that to show up on the website tab and not just the admin page
    I have answered you this in private message... Now I don't do you ask HOW to do it, or you ask why it is not working when you changed it?
    Anyway here is link to documentation http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/#!/image_sizes_video_support_and_others_changing_favcion in docs and here is my answer to you from private message
    Favicon - I see in page source our default icon, so you haven't changed it in herader.php
    --------------
    23rdStudios said: oh ya and here is your own website example sowing exactly what i am talking about in my photos above http://themes.apollo13.eu/hypershot/album/full-width/
    Sorry but I don't know what are you referring to :-(

With regards.